• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I feel stupid

parttimer

How did the world survive before cell phones? Just about everyone I see on the ice has a cell phone with them. I don't believe everyone is on call 24 hours a day. Leave it in the truck and try to enjoy a nice quiet day on te ice. That is what fishing is all about. Enjoy the serenity of a clear blue frozen lake!!!

DEADEYE,
I agree with you,mine is basically for safety sake, I am not an avid fisher by any means, hense the name parttimer. I don't trust ice, or stupid people. Also, if I have my phone, I can report those who abuse our privelage to use lakes and accesses, especially with my new phone. In order to get a good deal on a phone I had to "upgrade" to a picture phone, I now can take pictures of people doing unlawful things and their license plate numbers.

Well I have a cell phone story too. Last year I was ice fishing trout at miner's lake here in ely. I was sight fishing in about 20 feet of water, when a huge rainbow came up to my jig. I leaned closer to the hole and ploop, my cell phone took a swan dive out of my pocket right in the hole. I watched it flutter all the way down to the bottom. Of course I freaked out and didn't know what to do. After I settled down a little bit I took my trusty sweedish pimiple out and decided to jig for the phone. After a couple trys I hooked the antena and brought it back up to me. After a couple days of drying it worked fine. I ended up dropping the thing in the lake three times this summer and it still worked, although the reception started to get crappy. So now I either leave it at home or put it in a zipped pocket. I usually take it though, when I was younger I was out at a lake and I had to wait like 2 hours for a ride after I sliced my hand open with my auger. After that happened I always take it with me for safety's sake.
><>deadeye