• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you ever feel alone? Lets share our feelings.

SledNeck

yep i hear ya shortfatguy. I like to mix it up as well. I'll go on phases when I only fish trout or only fish bass, but then I'll get tired and switch to some other technique or species. For my money, bass are the hardest fighters, muskies the best for getting your adrenaline going, walleyes are satisfying on the table and to figure out how to catch. Carp are one of the smartest and hardest fighters, trout are fun to stalk in small streams, and nice panfish are a fun way to spend an afternoon bobber fishing when you're just feeling lazy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some one said something about figuring out patterns to catch walleyes. I'm not going back and looking, it doesn't matter. The thing is, is thats what I love to do to, except for bass, not walleyes. That is what I love about fishing. Figuring out the fish everyday. All my friends think that I am crazy, but no matter how many fish I caught at a certain lake one day, I will not hit that lake again for at least a month. We have ten thousand lakes we might as well fish a few different ones. It is so much fun to catch a few bass in one area and use that information to figure out which spot to hit next.

this thread is so funny... I just got done writing on another thread about how I rarely fish muskies anymore cause bass is really where it is at... For many years I fished only for musky it wasn't until I lived on Mille Lacs (arguably the best musky fishery in Minnesota) did I learn how awesome bass fishing is. It's strange I know. Muskies seem to be the new fad and I got tired of the crowds. Fighting fisherman for a spot more than actually fishing for them, not to mention how all these big money tournaments have really killed the sport... but thats another story... It's kind of embarrassing to think that I would really fish for hours on end just to see one stupid fish... Now I've caught many muskies from many different lakes ranging from little to trophy size and I can honestly say that I've never fought a fish as strong as a smallie off the rocks or a huge bucketmouth in the slop. Any muskie fisherman that thinks that muskies are more exciting hasn't caught a 6lb largemouth on a frog in a foot of water in the pads...

Like Sledneck said about getting snubbed by the walleye guys it also holds true for the muskie guys... many of my friends are still hardcore muskie guys... they just shake their heads when I tell them that I caught 20-30 nice bass in a day... But I guess the jokes on them... I'll catch more exciting fish in one day then they will catch in an entire summer... they are the real suckers laugh

If I had more good walleye lakes close I would probably fish for them more, as it is Kansas has a bunch of good lakes. So I fish for Bass and enjoy it a lot, along with crappie

Walleye, isn't that another name for Dogfish or is it redhorse sucker? I cant remember. Anyway I like to fish for Bass. laugh

black and gold carp

IMO walleyes are just as easy if not easier to catch than bass. You dont have to cast, you just let your line out and troll and catch one walleye after another.