• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recirculator

eyepatrol

I'm not certain that I know exactly what this is supposed to do as I never use it, but correct me if I'm wrong.....this function recirculates the water within the livewell by pumping it out and then pumping it back in with oxygen added? Is that right?

How many people use the recirculator? I guess I've always just used the aerator on the timer setting.

The recirc pumps water from the drain port on the bottom of the livewell, runs it through the livewell pump and then back into the livewell.

Some people like to use them when they're running between spots on the same lake.

I suspect the intent at the time was that you could put it on recirc and keep your fish alive until you get back to your house or wherever you're going to clean them. This isn't allowed anymore in some states due to Aquatic Nuisance Species and the potentail to transfer them from lake to lake.

marine_man

Nope - the aerator and the recirculator run off the same pump on most boats (and I'm pretty sure yours is that way - some fiberglass boats have seperate recirc / livewell pumps). So the only difference between recirc and aerator is where the water is coming from - aerate comes from the lake and the excess water is dumped out the overflow, recirc pulls water from the bottom of the livewell and dumps it back in the top.

marine_man