• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

140hp Suzuki Prop Pitch for Alum Nav

Griggs

I'm not sure what WOT is, but I'm not sure of the current pitch either. I'm just wondering if someone has this motor on a similar rig that can recommend a pitch for good performance. Right now its running in the low 40 mph range.

WOT + wide open throttle.

The boat you have plays a huge part in this as well.

Find out your RPM at WOT and that will help a lot.

I have a 115 yamaha 4 stroke on a 17' Explorer and can get 45 mph with a light load. Im guessing you should be in the mid 40's reguarly and hit high 40's every once in a while.

Im also guessing but I would think a 21 would do the job.

Call Jay Soderbloom and ask him. He really knows his props. He can also get you a prop at a good price. He is also a sponsor of FM. www.soderbloom.com

I had a 21 pitch stainless steel prop on my former boat. It was a 140 Johnson 4 stroke (same as Suzuki) on an Alumacraft Dominator 175 CS which is also almost the same boat you have. That ran me within the recommended RPM range near the top. Although, I cannot remember what exactly the RPM range is?? It is in your owners manual.

Matt

I have the same motor on my Stratos 386XF. It should run max RPM's at 5600-6200. On my boat after trying a few different props I found the best all around prop was a Suzuki 14 x 20 SS prop. It runs at 6000 with a light load and 5700-5800 fully loaded. I also was very close with a Turning Point 13.25 X 19 SS prop that would give me a better hole shot but would not let me fully trim up for max speed and RPM's. I still have this prop if you would like to try it on your boat, it might be a good match as your boat is a little lighter than mine. I also have a spare 14 x 20 Suzuki prop you could try.

21 pitch should do you just fine. That is what I run on mine. It started off as a 23 on the boat but it was really slow to plane out with a load. Now with the 21 it jumps out of the water. I do have to be careful not to max my RPMs when i am planing up somethiing to be careful of. This is on 1775 prov which is similar to your set up.