• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with "Perfect " Boat

While in fishing in Canada a couple weeks ago, I saw what looked to be my perfect boat at a portage - a Lund Outfitter 1750 SS (I think it was one of Outfitter17's). The one I actually saw was a tiller model, but I would like a single console with a 90 HP 2 or 4 stroke (not sure).

Kansas City doesn't seem to be the best place to find a Lund, new or used. I've been to the dealer here but was unimpressed to say the least. I usually go to Canada twice a year and I'm thinking somewhere up north around I-35 or so might be the best place to buy/find one and maybe pull it back. I believe this is the first year for them, so it would probably have to be new - maybe a little used. I've searched the net, but I'm a little iffy on dealers up there.

I'd also appreciate any input on this boat if anyone has any experience or opinions.

Thanks

Similar Island

I just went to the Lund HSOforum and put in a Twin Cities zip code and only came up with 3 dealers. I guess if I was you I would work my way north off that site and call to get prices.

[note from admin: please read forum policy before posting again. thanks!]

They are great boats, I have fished out of one in canada. I almost bought one this year but changed my mind and went for the Lund Alaskan. It is similar in format as the outfitter but has a little more beam. I love it so far. Another similar boat is the Alumacraft Camp Boat.

similarisland, Now is a great time to buy a boat up here as there are allot for sale at LOW prices. If I was looking for a boat this is the time I would be looking. I am selling a boat and the offer I got was and insult but if I needed the money I just may have taken it so look around and get your self a really nice boat for a really good price right now.

They are great boats, I have fished out of one in canada. I almost bought one this year but changed my mind and went for the Lund Alaskan. It is similar in format as the outfitter but has a little more beam. I love it so far. Another similar boat is the Alumacraft Camp Boat.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

Minnesota Fats, I've always liked the Alaskan, great boat. Great point about the rod storage. It's listed a 7'2", but in the pics it looks like the tips are supposed to stick out holes in the front of the rear storage. I could see myself breaking off the tips.

The plus for the Outfitter for me is the higher front deck. It also looks like (hard to tell not seeing them side by side) the front platform is more "squared off" on the Outfitter, giving a little more room for two to cast.

I'll check out the Alumacraft too, thanks!

similarisland, Now is a great time to buy a boat up here as there are allot for sale at LOW prices. If I was looking for a boat this is the time I would be looking. I am selling a boat and the offer I got was and insult but if I needed the money I just may have taken it so look around and get your self a really nice boat for a really good price right now.

Thanks Fishorgolf for the response. I'm kinda thinking the same thing about timing. We really don't even have one Lund dealer in KC. I had to drive an hour north of town. I may have to take a longer road trip.

One other boat to take a look at is the 18 foot Crestliner Candian. It's rated for a 75hp motor. The boat is very light and moves pretty good with a 75hp. If you're interested, let BassNSpear know. He is a moderator on the site and works for a Crestliner dealership (Crystal-Pierz Marine). He could get you all the information you want if you're shopping around. He might even be able to locate a used one.

The rod locker on the Alaskan isn't open in front, its totally enclosed. And yes, the raised casting deck on the Outfitter is a nice feature the Alaskan doesn't have, more because of the additional small storage spaces it creates. Can't go wrong though, both are great boats!

The rod locker on the Alaskan isn't open in front, its totally enclosed. And yes, the raised casting deck on the Outfitter is a nice feature the Alaskan doesn't have, more because of the additional small storage spaces it creates. Can't go wrong though, both are great boats!

Yes Minnesota Fats, I wasn't clear in my response. The Alaskan's rod storage looks much better than the Outfitter. The specs say that the Outfitter has rod storage. The Outfitter lists the rod length at 7'2", but I can't figure out where (unless you're supposed to let the tips stick out of the rear storage). I wish they could have used the raised deck to provide "under casting deck" rod storage. If my garage wasn't so short, my choices would be much wider.

There's a guy at the lake I fish up there with a 20' Alaskan. Watching him use that thing like a pickup truck is what makes me want a tough, no frills boat that I don't have to worry about. We boat in about ten miles and stay there for a week. They have 16' Alumacrafts with 15HP Mercurys. They're decent boats, but they always want me to guide (not professionally)and being left-handed, it's hard to run a tiller and cast all day. Guess I'm getting soft.

Similar Island

One other boat to take a look at is the 18 foot Crestliner Candian. It's rated for a 75hp motor. The boat is very light and moves pretty good with a 75hp. If you're interested, let BassNSpear know. He is a moderator on the site and works for a Crestliner dealership (Crystal-Pierz Marine). He could get you all the information you want if you're shopping around. He might even be able to locate a used one.

I'll check it out, Thanks.