• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable fish house information

Duckman8

What information is needed on a portable fish house? Name and city plus license. Name and address plus license. Or does the license all you need on it with out name? I always get conflicting reports from different dnr people. Please help!

Hello Duckman8,
Here is a quote from the DNR Fishing Regs:
"All shelters, which include dark houses, fish houses, and portable
shelters, placed on the ice of Minnesota waters must have the
complete name and complete address or driver’s license number of the
owner plainly and legibly displayed on the outside in letters and
figures at least 2 inches in height."

I use only my driver's lic.#,I called the dnr before I did it to make sure. It wouldn't make much difference on a real desolate lake, but when there are some homes nearby people don,t know if someone is watching their fishhouse from home or if the owner is from 40 mi. away. In the past we,ve had problems with breaking in and theft or just out+out distruction of property to houes on area lakes--it always seems that the out of towners get it 90% of the time. but thats just my personal opinion.good luck on the ice to all.

my question: "If I want to use my driver's license # on my ice shelter, verses my name and address, do I also need my namne?"

response from "kevin Kyle" [email protected]
"NO you don't. One of the following, name and address, or drivers license number or mndnr number. Any one of these will work. Kevin"