• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How do you spend your hunting season?

Is it run and gun or do you all enjoy a more heritage style?

Part of it to me should be teaching others quality hunting. I took my wife who is a non hunter with me once. We both had a great time. She was scarred out of her wits though...LOL

Being that I tree stand hunt we opted to find a downed pine. From there, every little sound[especially those red squirrels] had her moving her head around like a deer showing it's alertness...LOL

I really get a kick out of those times and that to me is very worth my time hunting.

Good luck as the season aproaches {yes, 3 months till bow opener, early goose and dove!!!} be a good person and try to think about whom you could enjoy your hunt with. As with all sports It's in sharing. And we should never expect anyone to be like ourselves, as we are all individual.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine..Now go get started!

Get re-aquainted with your guns and bows atlatels and slingshots.

And take someone with.

I dont push myself like I used to I prefer to hunt in a relaxed state of mind an take it all in. My son has Aspergers syndrom an likes to ice fish but dosent want to hunt so I only push him as far as just coming out a sitting with me once in a while, he dosent want to kill anything, I started to take his best freind with last year on early season doe an he took his first deer, this year I might graduate him to regular firearms season, an build a blind big enough to fit three so we can all go, if my son sees his freind do it then he might get the calling if not, thats just the way he rolls. Boar

I brought my wife out deer hunting for the first time five years ago. We bought a two man deer stand so I could sit with her. I remember it being 10 below that opener but she was a trooper, and she ended up shooting a spike. That spike was the biggest trophy I ever seen, if you know what I mean.

She has not missed a season sense.

I also bring my nephew out but he is yet to close the deal. I am teaching him how to skin, quarter, and debone a deer after you shoot it. With the warm temps the last few openers I do this the day I shoot them. I am also showing him how to make sausage. I feel these skills may end up lost with so many people opting to bring them in for processing. I feel if he hunts as an adult and brings them in at least he knows how its done.

I don't hunt near as hard as I use to but I still hunt many days in the fall. My mornings are for me and I drink coffe and maybe once in 5 days I will hunt for a few hours. Now, the evenings are that special time for me bow hunting when I hunt pretty hard.

Seems I shoot just as many deer as before but I don't put near the pressure on myself any longer.

It's all for fun and maybe a big one.