• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's the pits...

CrappieJohn

I just looked at the weatherbug and things do not look good for my plans concerning next week. I have the blessing of having open water to fish almost all year,since I do not live far from the Mississippi River and the dam at Red Wing. Usually a guy can get in there and do some damage to his plastics arsenal and even bring home some dinner. With hi's forcast to be on the minus side of 0 for much of the week ahead, I don't think I'll make it. Anyone else "do the dam" at wintertime? For me it has been several years worth of defiance to the cold that drives the less durable to the ice shacks. I'd rather be as cold in a boat and having the benefit of all that water to fish than to be looking down a hole and wondering what lies ten feet away on the other side of a hump. The only thing that can really keep us with "truely winterized Minnesota boats" from venturing out is the deep cold which appears now at our doorsteps. And that, my friends, is the pits!

------------------
Sure life happens- why wait....The Crapster....good fishing guys!
[email protected]

I know what you mean. I don't have the opportunity to "do the dam" as you do, but when I get tired of drilling through 2ft of ice with my hand auger later in the season, I head down and fish some warn water discharges on the river. Crappies, bass, and carp mainly, but its quite a relief to cast once in a while!