• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone have any advise on fishing....

gcmedic1705

...Whitefish lake in Sawyer county, WI? My friend has a cabin there. This summer, for the first time in the last 10 years, we consistantly caught walleyes. This is a stange lake. The average depth is probably 30' - 40', with the deepest being 105'. We have fished it many times in January and have never caught a single fish. Should a guy fish the same as the summer spots? Help if you can. I know the fish are there.

I used to call it Lake No-fish!

I've fished Whitefish for the last 10 years too. It holds big fish in most species- walleye, crappie, northern, muskie, etc. It is also one of the most challenging lakes I've ever fished because it's so deep, essentially a big 100 foot deep trench. My theory is that the big fish follow the schools of whitefish out deep and pay little head to structure (making for some tough fishing indeed). Rocky shorelines and points are good in the summer for walleye, but I've caught them everywhere from three feet to 45 feet deep in the winter. My advice: drill a million holes and try the weedier areas. If that doesn't work, pack it up and head for pizza and beer at the Beachmoor.