• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Short-timer calendar...

The_Lee

Ok, so I am currently using the Playboy calendar on my wall as my short-timers calendar, so thought it might be fun to post one online also. For those of you that don't know what a short-timer calendar is, its a count down until we are on that big freedom bird back to the United States. Now, I can't do an exact count down and give out our exact departure or arrival date due to OPSEC (Operational Security), so the exact count down maybe off by a up to several days..

I will try to post to this everyday, up until the day I leave. if I miss a day for some reason, I will post the next and I will defenatly post once I am home!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like you've been making sure you're well equipped for when you return based on some of your other posts. Hopefully the time flies for the remainder and you can get to fishing! A guy at work is also in Kosovo, and I believe he's scheduled to return around the same time. He picked up a new boat on one of his leaves, so I'm sure he's itching to get it out.

Oh, you are right about that. hsolist has been way to addictive to me lately... Its all good though, I am itching to get out fishing. The first full day I am home I plan on hoping in my car and hittin up the trout streams all day long. I plan on pulling a 5am - 8 pm fishing day.

It will be nice when you you can change your avatar to a great big rainbow trout that you caught on your first fishing trip. Thanks for serving our country and making freedom a choice for others. It has been a few (25 since I got out) so I don't remember all the short timer sayings but the one I do remember is "I am so short I could play handball on the curb". One of the best moments when I was out processing out of Fort Dix and they said we could pack our uniform and wear our civilian cloths for the last 2 days I really felt like I was going home after being station in Germany for almost 3 years.

I will do that.. I got three months of paid leave to use up when I get home, so i figure that leave me enough time to catch some nice fish.....

If it doesn't, it gives me three months to figure out a really good fishing lie!

Just wanted to say thanks for all that you men and women do for the rest of us.

So, to those who are serving now and to the ones that have served in the past...

Thanks (From the heart)

BGB

it gives me three months to figure out a really good fishing lie!

That's funny stuff right there.

Heck, we can come up with some whopper sized lies after a day in the boat. Plus, I know a guy who can photoshop a mountian out of a molehill. So, if we don't catch anything we can take picturs of the minnows and turn them into whales.

I will do that.. I got three months of paid leave to use up when I get home, so i figure that leave me enough time to catch some nice fish.....

If it doesn't, it gives me three months to figure out a really good fishing lie!

Hey, you deserve three months to do what you want when you get home. You will find folks to take you out. Like I said before, you are always welcome in my boat.