• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV floats ?

fishinJohn

This may be a long shot... In Dane county (WI) there is a requirement for all ATV's on the ice to have floats attached and approved by the DNR which most people make themselves and attatch to the racks. I don't have a lot of cash for spending on myself so I am looking at a $100 three wheeler (Kaw 200) and it does not have racks. Any opinions on feasability of attatching floats that will meet approval?

Aren't the 3 wheelers illegal to sell? Big issue with them tipping over and dangerous especially with kids.

Doubt it, I see them for sale all the time on Craig's List. They quit making them, but you can still buy used ones. Course, most want almost as much as a decent used four wheeler.

i had a honda big red 200 and i tryed to cross a river deer hunting in wyoming i got 3/4 across and the curret took me for a ride i floated for over a 1/2 mile and i am a big guy(250 lbs) i could of floated all day . i know a 4 wheeler will float by its self with the rear wheels up this is what people tpld me that put thiers in.

Aren't the 3 wheelers illegal to sell? Big issue with them tipping over and dangerous especially with kids.

Nope. Only dealerships cannot sell three wheelers.

It's a [PoorWordUsage] shame for racers. A three wheeler could kick a four wheelers butt around a dirt track every time.