• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new State Record?

grab the net

Anybody else hear the rumor of a new record, 9lbs 6 oz. Taken on a lakle in the Alex area. Late last week. Story goes, he missed the bigger of the two, caught the 9-6. I know the name of the lake, but will wait to see if anybody else can confirm.

I heard the same thing fishing in a tournament this weekend on the Chain in Alexandria everyone was talking about it. I also know the lake and heard the same story so who knows!

haha thats whats funny about it the guy that "supposedly" caught it and had the bigger one get off and he goes around telling everyone the lake the everything. If I caught a state record fish see if I tell you all the details! haha lol

If it is the lake mentioned, it is very possible. Big fish taken out of it every year. Agape, where are you? confirm or dispel this fish tale. If it is true, I guess the other thread on where the next state record will come from is answered. Central MN.

I always question one thing. If a said person caught a state record bass but names a different lake as to deter people from pressuring the original lake, wouldn't that be falsifying info on the record application. That would be automatic disqualify as a state record for falsifying.

How could you have caught it when I did?

It was 10-12 and I decided to let it go as it was illegall hooked (not in the mouth).

Funny, someone claims they caught a world's record bass and used a simular story. The only picture they took was the guy "straight arming" a bass. Nice fish, but the straight arm made it look silly. And, not a world record.