• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Gort

Devils Lake reports from this past weekend?

I'm heading up to DL for 3 days of fishing starting Thursday. Anyone have any recent luck? Any tips for an angler who has only fished DL a few times?

Thanks.

I'm also looking for any advice I can get about DL for this upcoming weekend (June 6,7, & 8). I have never fished the lake before. Any tips about fishing around Grahams Island would be appreciated...that's where we are staying. Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't have too much for you. Do a search in this forum though over the past 2 years and you'll find a wealth of information about what was and was not working this time last year.

Good Luck!

marine_man

I fished june 1st and caught nothing but northerns maybe 20? I lost three crankbaits and got a couple more chewed up pretty bad. I tried everything for eyes, cranks it the shallows, trees, slip bobber with leech in trees, pulled spinners....nothing! I didn't see anyone else catching eyes either everyone at the bait station was cleaning northerns?

We were up at Devils last Thurs-Saturday. We fought the wind each day. Thursday we managed only a few fish in the evening near the 57 bridge vertical jigging with leeches. Friday we did not even get out due to the high winds. Saturday we got blown around Pelican before fishing Grahams where we caught only northerns before settling in at the 57 bridge again in the evening where we ended up catching 25+ fish. Size was very good at the bridge compared to how it has been for us in the past.

Where is the 57 bridge?

We were also out there Thursday through Saturday in the wind. Thursday we ended up fishing from shore south of Minnewaukan due to the wind and did well. Friday fished the timber in sheltered areas and got a couple, but nothing much. Saturday was all over the west end of the lake - Winchester Island, Bluebill, Minnewaukan Road, etc, but only got a few. That night went back down south of Minnewaukan and they were on fire. The fish were not jumping in the boat like last year, but they could be had with a lot of searching and trying different techniques. Mostly though, it seemed to be the timing - just before dawn they'd turn on. Some in our group did well fishing slip bobbers in the timber, but our boat had the most luck with orange or red colored plugs near steap, rocky shorelines at dawn.

Find warm water , we fished last week main lake was 54-58 degrees and no fish found a bay with 60-63 degrees and it was like every fish in the lake was in there ..... good luck

The fathead minnows are darkening up to spawn, fat as tics. So this will have an impact on them walleyes feeding habits. The warmer water bays makes a lot of good sense as that is likely where the bigger schools of fatheads will be.

Even though leeches are the top bait on DL they eat more minnows than anything else. Young perch and young white bass are high on the menu too.

Slip bobber, leech and trees, equal fish! + Windy side + "walleyeish" looking area = more fish

Slip bobber, leech and trees, equal fish! + Windy side + "walleyeish" looking area = more fish

X2. You must fish wind blown shore lines & tree areas. Jigging, slip bobbing, and just letting the bait sit suspended on the bottom all work. Leeches are a must. Minnows are distant 2nd. Casting perch or white bass colored rapalas work too but can be slow. Time of day is also important. Watch for the wind directions and move around accordingly.