• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Womens GTG

Hey Ladies

yes we are still on for the 1st Annual FM Womens GTG at Appledoorns Resort on June 13, 14 and 15th.

Exciting news grin Appledoorns now has a pontoon for rent and I'm checking to see if its available for Sat. night. Will be the same cost as the launch. I also was up fishing Mill Lacs last week for 3 days and have some great spots not too far from the resort. - Fishies here we come - shocked

I have to get to work but will post info as I get it and we'll take a head count soon and any other prep and ideas.

Tami

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - we need to make some rental decisions for fishing. The options are:

1 - do the launch Sat morning 8-12 - $30 ea.

2 - Rent the pontoon for either Sat am or Sat pm - $30. ea. ( for 4 hrs)

3 - rent their fishing boat for a whole day - $30. ea. ( this option would give us 2 boats, with Barbs boat, for all of Sat. with 3 to a boat.)

I need to let Paul know asap, so everyone chime in and let me know what you're thinking.

My vote is # 3 - my second vote would be the pontoon.

Ladies,

Do you have room for one more? I have my own tent (3 room), misc. camping accessories, and a `93 Alumacraft Competitor CS170 with a 65hp Johnson, and a trolling motor 9(if I get the boat back from the repair shop by then).

Char

Cool!!!!

I work in Cambridge, so I can leave from there early Friday.

I have 4 seats in my boat. I have only fished Mille Lacs one time - without much luck. If anyone has a depthfinder with some waypoints stored, that would be very helpful.

I will plan on bringing my tent, and if anyone needs a place to sleep they are welcome to crash there. I have the camp stove, lantern, pie irons, cookware, including a cast dutch oven.

Has there been an approximate headcount? I make awesome cinnamon rolls in the dutch oven!!

Well, you are our lucky 7th gal!! So we have me(Lisa), Tami(reelemin), Barb(Iambjm), Hope(hope4fish), teresa and Denise(mnfishingal)too.

I'm bringing my tent too. You know how to make cinnamon rolls over the camp fire too? SWEET!

Here's a link to the original post for the Women's GTG! and here's where we posted it in the Get Together's Forum!

Check those links out to get all the info Char. grin

Char you are more than welcome.

I'm going to let paul know tomorrow that we will rent the fishing boat for the day.

I have some great spots on my GPS, and trolling routs, we should have no problem getting on some fish!

Now it is official that I cant make it this summer but I am not going to be bummed about it. I will just change my plans, Maybe for January and take my hubby ice fishing laugh. I have to laugh everytime i say that, he's lived in FL all his life and has NEVER seen a frozen lake. I bet if I take him up there in Jan he will never leave the hotel. Maybe I should leave him home confused???

DeeDee, that is too bad!! You'll just have to come up and ice fish then! Whenever you can get up north, I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family. You're one cool lady.

BTW, is that you or your daughter in your avatar??

Char you are more than welcome.

I'm going to let paul know tomorrow that we will rent the fishing boat for the day.

I have some great spots on my GPS, and trolling routs, we should have no problem getting on some fish!

Tami, do you want to teach this old gal how a GPS works?

I love the idea of being on a launch together. I am able to take Friday off of work so I will be heading up in the morning. I will be bringing my small tent, and whatever else I have. Again, I can not wait.

Hope laugh

This is what we have so far -

* - we have the pontoon Sat a.m.

* - we can also rent the fishing boat that night

* - Barbs boat, Chars boat, my 2 kayaks

* - my GPS with some good spots marked

-- camping site for all of us on Appledoorns property

-- available electricity

-- firewood for sale at the resort

-- showers and bathrooms available

-*- bait is available at Portside tackle and gas station, which is just south of Appledoorns on 47

>>> what you are responseable for. Your own -

. camping gear

. fishing gear

. food

. drinks

** Besides your fishing and camping gear - I would bring:

- warm clothing

- rain gear

- bug stuff and gear

On the list are

> Tami ( reelemin)

> Lisa

> Barb (lambjm )

> Hope (hopeforfish)

> Char (fishnovice101)

> Teresa

> Denise

*** >< ***

I will be up there about 9 a.m. ish - if I'm not at the camp site check the water I may have the yak in already. grin

My cell is 612-418-6437 - call with any questions.

************ Appledoorns has great directions on their HSOforum

- - Let me know if I've missed anything - -

Tami - Your right, I should make him go. The only time he has seen anything was 1 weekend he and his friends drove to TN and they had a whopping 1/8 inch of snow.

LOL It will be interesting. My first memory of my first time driving on a lake, my brother tied an old car hood to our car and pulled us around the lake. It was so fun.