• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sufix Braid

Mr Special

I know most of us Catter's prefer PP. I personal love PP as well. But some other folks I know, "bass/muskie" fisherman have been ranting bout Sufix braid. They say it had better abrasion resistance then PP. So I figure it can't hurt to try a spool.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried using it and what are your thoughts on it?

I've been wanting to try it, but when you got something (PP)that is working well... why change?

I know Larry Dahlberg (Hunt for Big Fish) uses Sufix and with the fish he catches, he wouldn't use something he didn't trust.

I say give it a shot, let us know how it works out.

I've been wanting to try it, but when you got something (PP)that is working well... why change?

That's what has been holding me back for a while now. But since so many others has tried and liked it, I figure I could give it a shot. Even though they are only using it for roughfish. LOL!

I think PP might have been a victim of their own success. The demand was high and the quality may have dropped.

I’ve heard others who’ve had it break “for no reason”, but I have yet to have this happen nor seen it happen to anyone else.

I have had it break when fishing near rocks or sharp objects as part of the underwater structure. That’s just part of the game, much like fishing near snags, you will get hung up and have to break off.

I guess I would like to see an unbiased abrasion test of the leading braid manufacturers before I could conclude that one was better than the other.

Much like the gear and tactics we use, I say use whatever you feel confident and comfortable with.

Better than power pro for abrasion. Actually better than PP all around. You won't buy anymore PP once you use sufix

Says it all. We use #65. You run the lines through your fingers and the tightness of the braiding on Suffix makes PP feel line a homemaid braided rope.