• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'04 Tahoe Shaft Seals

Had the oil changed on my Tahoe last weekend and they told me the front differential shaft seals were leaking and that it's common in these type of vehicles. They gave me an estimate of $485 to replace with new (and improved) seals. Is this truly common with these trucks?

Thanks

Just take a look underneath the truck, if there are drips hanging, then you should look into having it done, not a huge priority, if there is just wetness and no drips, enjoy the extra fishing trip wink

Mmmmm! friction modifier sick There is nothing like being hung over and having to smell that right away in the morning, and the smell stays with you all day!

My 94 was leaking for about 75,000 miles and I only had to add fluid once. About as long as it was leaking oil out the rear engine seal. Don't let them run dry and you'll be fine. If it really bothers you and you do want it fixed go to your local tech college, they're alot cheaper.