• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Storage of hunting clothes

I have been thinking of storing my bow hunting clothes in my garage because added room I have. I'm wondering thou, I should be concern of the exhaust fumes of the cars or the lawn mower, weed whip, etc. drifting into my scent loc clothing or I'm I being to over the edge in this thinking? Your comments would be welcome.

Thanks.

Ditto!!! I just get a couple of the large stackable totes with lids that seal.

I give the clothes a scent free wash, air them outside, then place them in the bin loosely. Some guys like to throw in a scent wafer or something, but I just close it right up. No mice, no mess and no contaminating scents.

Last fall a Fleet Farm near me was selling Super Big Ziploc Bags for really cheap. I bought those, washed my clothes in baking soda, packed them away in the ziplocs, and put them in a rubbermaid tote. Very cheap and easy.

Same here, dry bags for me. I'll take all my essentials (mask, gloves, outer layers, etc.) and throw them in the bag with either a natural earth wafer or a pine wafer or both. Seal it up and you'll have no smell issues come fall.