• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail Cam Pics

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is on managed (some what) land. I am the only bow hunter on it, the family that owns it gun hunt, I have been trying to convince them to start QDM but they just shoot anything. I started 4 yrs ago putting out minerals and some small hand made food plots, Every year they tell me they want to help and that tey will put in some money and time but it never happens so I am the only one doing the work. That is why I have never showed them the pics of these bigger ones, just the small ones and does. they only sit 1-2 hrs in the morning and the last hr in evening. and only hunt 3-4 days during the season.so I dont want to give them any reasons to sit longer. some people may think that is wrong, But they live their on the property and have all the equiptment to truly make it a deer haven but they choose not to. And I drive 60 miles 1 way to do all the work, some times 2 days a week. ok ok ok (sorry for the rant) back to the deer....The 2 deer in the pics are deer I have been watching grow for the last 3 yrs. The tall one I passed on twice last year hoping he would make it through gun season and he did along with his wide buddy. here are some last year pics of the same two deer.

The wide 8 hard horn

deer6403.jpg

In velvet

deercam097-1.jpg

And the tall 8 in velvet

deercam021-1.jpg

These deer truly need 1-2 more years to grow but With all the work I have put in up their I will not pass this year, I need something to show for all the work I have put in. (and yes I would like it to be the wide one that walks buy on the 13th). I will also cross my fingers and hope that they will make it through this gun season. so I can see them next year. Their is also a big 10 in the 140s last year that I have not yet found or got pics of this year, still hoping to see him.

I pulled my cards yesterday and had to say HOLY SIT out loud. The first there are two pictures of each buck. I thought the first one would be a nice shooter, then I saw the second one. WOW is all I can say. Probably won't see him, but he'll be in the back of my mind. The question now is how long do I wait for him, if the other buck walks through. I'd like to give the first buck another year, but the week before gun season he might start looking real good if the shot presents itself. If you compare the bodies of the two deer, the first one is maybe 3.5 years old, the last one is pushing 5-6 years old, its really hard to say, but he could be at his peak. He is really a monster.

SUNP0039.jpg

SUNP0041.jpg

SUNP0043.jpg

SUNP0044.jpg

I pulled my cards yesterday and had to say HOLY SIT out loud. The first there are two pictures of each buck. I thought the first one would be a nice shooter, then I saw the second one. WOW is all I can say. Probably won't see him, but he'll be in the back of my mind. The question now is how long do I wait for him, if the other buck walks through. I'd like to give the first buck another year, but the week before gun season he might start looking real good if the shot presents itself. If you compare the bodies of the two deer, the first one is maybe 3.5 years old, the last one is pushing 5-6 years old, its really hard to say, but he could be at his peak. He is really a monster.

SUNP0039.jpg

SUNP0041.jpg

SUNP0043.jpg

SUNP0044.jpg

WOW I almost sit myself sitting here...Good Luck

How wide do you think that drop tine is? I'm thinking that he is close to 30", It looks like he has another whole ear length between his ear tips and the inside of the horn. Any guesses as to what this guy would score?

Two weeks ago I was going out to check my cameras and was driving by a neighbor farm and I saw a nice buck in the field. I slammed it into reverse and grabbed the binos. Looking at the buck I noticed another deer walking out of the woods, looked like a large buck in front of a deadfall. Then the deadfall moved with the deers head. I'm wondering if the two in the pics are the two that I saw that night. They were about a half mile over a knob through corn and alfalfa fields from where I hunt. I didn't think that they would get there, but, just maybe.

Drop Tine is 23"-25" Max... IMO... 17" Ear to ear another 3" on each side.With a green score of 145" Great width, good mass but lacking the # of points, 6x6 for example. Bachelor groups this time of year are always fun. In any case hopefully you can tell us in a couple of months when you give him a parking ticket with a arrow.

I'm hoping to send him some airmail. Yeah, he won't make 30" inside, (wishful thinking) but He's up there in the midtwenties, Hard to tell if his ears are straight or cockeyed to get a real accurate measure. Wish he had two more points, he'd score big. I guess I'll just have to try and get him this fall. I just think that he is a cool looking deer. I hope to get a few more pictures of him before the season starts.