• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metallica '08

LMITOUT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the song titles in the running order . . .

That Was Just Your Life

The End Of The Line

Broken, Beat & Scarred

The Day That Never Comes

All Nightmare Long

Cyanide

The Unforgiven III <-----------OMG! AWESOME

The Judas Kiss

Suicide & Redemption

My Apocalypse

I heard a new Metallica song on the radio last night.

I was a little dissapointed....

Anyone else hear any new songs?

I heard the Iron Maiden cover Remember Tomorrow on the radio yesterday. I wasn't impressed. Hopefully they get back to the basics and St. Anger was a one off piece of ...

BTW I picked up a Black Tide CD this past weekend. Good stuff.

I got to see Metallica on the Master of Puppets tour back in 86 when they were opening for Ozzy. IMO Metallica hasn't put out a good album since And Justice For All. A couple decent songs yes but not a good album.

Master of Puppets is my fave and one of the best all time metal albums ever.

I heard that new song as well and was hoping it wasn't "a new song" because it wasn't that great. DJ said it was that Iron Maiden cover so I was relieved a little.

There are some videos floating around of Metallica doing two songs in concert that they said will be on this upcoming album. Reminded me a little of the old stuff with tempo changes, etc. As long as Lars isn't beating on that soup can like it sounded he was on the St. Anger album, it is an improvement.

interesting story about Metallica - I worked at the Blaine Proex Photo in college. Guy with really long hair came in with his mom? With a bunch of photos of him and some other long-haired guys in Europe.

I accidentally ruined 1 of his rolls of film. He was a SUPER nice guy about it, very pleasant, 'no big deal', etc etc. I had no idea who he was.

The next week I saw him on the cover of Rolling Stone and was shocked. It was Kirk Hammett. I've been a fan ever since. Had no idea why he was in Blaine MN....maybe he has family around Mpls?

I hope they aren't "washed up" Was a huge Metallica fan, and will be again if they go back to a heavy album.

But, when they made the comment "Now that we are big, we can put out any album we want...good or bad...and it will sell", that didn't feel good. Then, the next several albums were bad.

Albums? I mean, CDs. Now I feel old....

I know this is not Metallica, but James Hetfield sure still pulls a good show. This was from last winter. He makes this country song sound great grin

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Let's just see what the group can pull together crazy

I think Lars Ulrich makes the band suffer with his idea's, views and his pushy attitude. Do not get me wrong, he is a great drummer, but the more control he gets, the further away the band gets from Master of Puppets sound and days (IMO). He brings in to much feeling and thought with his song writing, when I think just head banging, heavy music, fast and deep sound/music is what most would like to hear.