• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rubber Worms

Michelle

What I used to do that worked well for me was to use a 1/4 oz. jig head (or different sizes depending on depth) and use a 7 inch worm. I would tear off about 1-1.5 inches from the top of the worm. Cast it out and swim it back to the boat at a slow but constant rate. Ocassionally give the rod a twitch and you should have a hit before long

is the worm in the water? that might be your problem wink

I see you're from Michigan... where at? I'm originally from Ann Arbor.

As far as worms go, you can't go wrong with a 7" original power worm. I usually texas rig it with 1/16 oz. weight for shallow water, maybe up to 1/4 oz for deeper weedlines. Pitch it in weed pockets, around timber, drag it along weedlines - you'll pick up fish. Just like fishing live bait sometimes, you'll feel the bite. Last week they were smoking it, I could feel the bite even if there was 5 feet of slack line

From the South Haven/Bangor Area-west of Kalamazoo. We make the trip to MN every year to visit family in the twin cities and Crosby....your fishin in MN sure beats the slop here @ home.

its all practice. Once you pick up one...you learn a bit on how it feels. A lot of it is on feeling. You feel weeds, rocks, etc...but when they take the worm.....you just know it. You'll learn the "feel" of it. Just keep practicing. I learned up north on one of them "virgin" lakes where they take anything. GL and keep on keeping on!!!

Michelle,

first off, welcome aboard fishing minnesota!!!

this site is one of the bwest for learning new techniques

Second ,

It's best to let the fish tell you how to fish it

mix up your jigging cadence, heck sometimes they just like it dragged on the bottom .

to start out keep colors simple

junebug ,black/blue fleck , red shad , black and pumpkin are the only colors in my arsenal , the only one that sees any time is Black....and an occasional redshad

it will come to ya just stick with it. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!