• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

June poll for photo challenge

Beautiful shots this month everyone. There has been some nice variety! Mine is from the other night, a little different look at clouds, from above.

ISO 400, Av, 1/400s, f6.3, +2/3 EC 17-40L @ 25mm.

321370228_5SL4B-L.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind, I will post one from me, and one from my daughter.

This was taken on the rare occasion that I was up in time to see the sunrise.

2618028427_19c6c5bf99_o.jpg

My youngest daughter has been keeping her eyes to the sky as well, trying to find a picture for the challenge. She took this one with the S2 IS.

2618851876_8bca50ac0d_o.jpg

Yakfisher, it's nice to see you back on the board. Nice image.

Fishinchicks, See what you're missing when you're sleeping. That's a great shot. Your daughter has a great eye also. Very nice.

I call this "Rain Gear on Rain Gear off" we were in the Boundry waters and it seemed I put the rain gear on and took it off about 50 times in a 5 day period. BWCA in June I should be use to it.

2619185195_a713b48059_o.jpg

Excellent work this month everyone! Our skies certainly have many personalities - thank you all for sharing.

Here's my shot - nothing spectacular, just a beautiful June morning at the lake with some interesting clouds and reflections.

Canon30D - Landscape Mode, 1/160, f/9.0 ISO 100

IMG_0216-1.jpg

This was taken after an evening of fishing and getting soaked.

I never want to take another "Cloud" picture. A couple hundred shots and none I really liked. But the challenge is about taking a new look at things.

Canon XTi 1/20 AP f/9.0 Focal length 28mm.

IMG_5704.jpg

Great cloud shots everyone

I agree with you LeeKen. I took at least 30 shots and only after a bunch of PP did I get one I liked. My boy was SICK of paddeling forward and back to get the sun coming through the hole in the trees. He thinks I'm more into the shot than the fishing we were doing. I honestly think I do more photography than I do fishing when I'm out. SO Sad!!!! It's addictive.

I never want to take another "Cloud" picture. A couple hundred shots and none I really liked.

Agreed. I have deleted more cloud photos than anything I can ever remember. The only really nice shot opportunities I have seen in the last month were when I was without camera. frown One last chance tonight. I will be on the lake for one more sunset in June. Wish me luck...

Better late than never, right? I've been running hard for the last five weeks, so haven't done much for photo work. There are so many great shots in this month's challenge. I'll post one from this weekend. Taken from Little Girl's Point north of Ironwood, MI. Lake Superior sunset:

Superior-Sunset.jpg

Very Nice Finnbay.

Moose & DonBo, This morning I saw a fantastic sunrise happening over blanket of ground fog. High clouds reflecting the sun before it rose. Trees and barns half submerged in the mist. Beautiful.

I thought about pulling over and getting the camera, but, fool me once shame on Mother Nature, fool me 201 times shame on me! blush

Thanks, Steve. Almost missed it. Was getting the grandkids ready for bed and looked over my shoulder and saw the orange underbelly of some of the clouds. By the time I grabbed my camera and ran down to the shoreline, it was almost gone.

Hey, good luck on your shoot tomorrow!