• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got up to the cabin on Friday night with my two buddies. We went out that night and got 2 nice 11" crappies up shallow in a small bay. We picked up quite a few gills all around 8"s for the pan and couldn't keep the lures away from the bass. That night we made the mistake of staying up all night. We sat on the dock with some light up bobbers and a chunk of cut up sunfish until sunrise. Every time we tried to fall asleep on the pontoon a bobber would go under. My friend Chris claims bullhead are really good so we kept about 15 of em and also got 5 or 6 big dogfish that night (ugly critters) The next morning I felt surprisingly good! We headed out at 430 when it was just getting light. Set up in a spot by some offshore reeds with some weeds still on the bottom. We caught numerous sunfish but then at about 930 the need for sleep hit us. We all went to bed and said we were going to get up at 12 so we weren't too messed up. 7 pm rolled around and we finally got up crazy we went out for a few more hours getting about 3 more crappies and some gills. Came back in at 9 to set up for the bullheads again. It was slow that night and we lost many bobbers due to break offs. My buddy lost his Thill night brite which we call the "Fire On the Water" because it is so bright and me and my other friend ben each lost a glow bobber. We went to bed at 2am and got up the next morning at 6am. This morning only myself and my buddy Chris got up as Ben is a guy who likes his sleep. We headed back to the sunfish spot by the offshore reeds. Almost immediately Chris was hooked up. this was the story up until about 930. We ended up with 35 sunfish between 8 and 9 inches. We went back and filleted those fish and woke up Ben. We decided we needed to run into town and grab some minnows. We hit the local bait shop and got out minnows and a stock of light up bobbers. When we got back we put in the Lowe fishing boat and the lift. The lift took longer than expected and before we knew it it was 5 o' clock. On our way out we saw a bobber out in the middle of the lake. the first thing I thought was "Fire On the Water" Sure enough we got out there and saw it was indeed the Fire on the Water. We were about to grab it when all of a sudden it went under. we were now in for a surprise. Ben got out the net to find the bobber was still attached to the bullhead from the previous night. We cut the line threw the bullhead back and now had the 8 dollar bobber back! We hit a few new spots getting 5 more crappies and some more sunfish and bass. Monday we all got our sleep. 10 o'clock we hit the lake in search of some bass. I was throwing a spinnerbait back in a bay and on the first cast I got a small 12"er. Turns out that was all that was in that bay after pulling in about 10 of em 10-14"s. We decided to try one more spot before packing it in. We went to the calm side of the lake by a down tree and started casting our custom jigs with a night crawler. We got a few mostly small sunfish mixed with a few bigger ones and 1 11" perch which was spawned out so we threw it in the livewell.

After a long weekend with many fish and some memorable capers we headed home!

Hope you all had as good a weekend as I!

Ryan