• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nemadji area

TRZ II

I poked around the Nemadji area this weekend and most of the designated trout streams didn't even seem to hold fish, they were small and very muddy. I did catch a few rainbows out of the blackhoof. Are any of the streams in that system any good?

All the streams within the Nemadji/Blackhoof basin/drainage are stained after we have rain. The streams are good, just not all over.

Not too many people say a lot about where to trout fish in the Carlton County area. There aren't many public land secrets, but you need to get your boots dirty to catch out of the way fish.

SparceBag: Are you referring to the Silver Creek that flows through Jay Cook into the St. Louis or the Silver Creek that flows into the Nemadji?

Into Nemadji by Holyoke.If ya want some nice fish try the nemadji downstream from 23 where rock Creek flows in.Its a miserable,Mosquito haven walk muddy as ever,Long sleeve Humid Terrible walk but It may pay off,A kayak would be the way! I didnt have one when I lived that way but made the walk regularly,And yet recall what it was like!

anybody know if there is trout per mile information on these streams? It would be intersting to know, but thanks for the info. I may keep my trout fishing to the SE, alot easier and it seems like alot more fish.

The latest information can be gained from area fisheries offices or the dnr HSOforum. The fisheries offices have better info in my opinion. Most rural streams do not have regular fish counts, only stocking info. There are a handful of stocked streams.