• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The story behind your, "Handle"

EBass

Local on my name is pretty much because I only fish one area a lot and know a ton about it. And Guide is b/c my family and relatives call me this b/c I fish as much as possible and know a lot about fishing. Then I take them out fishing all the time and so my dad always calls me the "Guide". Who know's maybe I'll be a guide some day? Wouldnt be a bad job at all! grin.gif

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bdub/Duluth guys hit on this one awhile ago...maybe some repeats, but have a look at this:

http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001853.html

Here's mine...
I do all things outdoors. Gander Mtn took my motto years ago so I figured, well I hunt...alot, particularly archery, and more specifically for deer. Always the guy in the group looking for big buck sign and not to toot my own horn, but usually when I find him I get 'em too.

So to incorporate my tendancies with one another...you get Buckblaster. It's one of the most lethal broadheads on the market. Utilizing both fixed and mechanical impact blades.

P.S. My name didn't work worth a darn this year. Settled with an arrowed doe.

------------------
"What should I do...I think he's probably got the hook, I'd set the hook...PLINK....ooohh, I would have gave him some more time"

well my name could be used in a few different ways . could it be my body shape ,, grin.gif... Naw i"ve got that over 40 areodynamic shape .. hahaha.. Hooksets? well it could fit? not with the hooksets i was getting last nite ! the real reasoning is i work with concrete... how many of you had your minds in the gutter ovwer this one ?

A friend and I were enjoying some adult beverages in the Underwood American Legion.

An old timer was sitting a few spots down the bar drinking tap beers. With a heavy scandanavian accent, he asked the bartender, "Hey der, take and get me one of dem pickeled turkey gisserts, den."

I started to snicker, and wrote out Gissert on a cocktail napkin. We then proceeded to write down all kids of words that sound funny with the scandanavian accent. Brain-prane, drink-trink, sled-slet, etc.

Gissert kind of stuck in my mind, so I started using it on the 'net.

I've been using this handle various places since the early 90's - back when the internet was new, and internet security was non-existent. I also should say that I'm a computer geek. So, the handles being used in the old days consisted mostly of mythical creatures, and acronyms. Mine is an acronym - Pat has a really cool ta2 (tatoo)

When I was 12 I took my first trip to Canada with my dad and caught an 18 pound northern pike and was hooked from that moment. I love fishing for the big gators the ones when they hit your spoon or bucktail make your heart skip a beat. My real name is Steve but I have a true addiction for fishing and having a monster pike follow your lure up to the boat figure 8 him and have the fish just about rip the rod out of your hands. There is nothing like that feeling anywhere else.

I once received a free lure from Bomber called the Bomber Spinstick (I think) in the coach dog color. I guess it's a classic. Well, I broke it out one evening a few years back up north. I was using it for about an hour and it totally screwed up my line by twisting it all up. It was the first time fishing a prop bait (I might have been drinking) wink.gif My friends and I still laugh at me for it.

Coach Dog

[This message has been edited by Coach Dog (edited 12-31-2003).]

It's my real name. I am a stubborn Finlander who logs and lives in Devlan Ontario Canada. For yous guys dat fish up int da Nestor Falls area, I am right off Pihuulak Roat 10 miles outsite of Fort Franny. Have a goot new years yous guys.

I must've missed this one yesterday...

Well..5 of us were at LOW. Everone pulling fish out left and right and sideways, all in the 3lb range, mine kept getting off at the hole, Soooo pist at that point. Got a nice one on, 4lbs(My biggest on to date) and gets off at the hole, Stuck my arm down the hole and got him, picked him up and Looked the fish in the eyes and said WhaTT!.
Then of course I bit him in the face. Never heard the end of it....

I have 3 sons and we love to be in the woods or on the water , in the duck blind or the goose pits. So we are the "boys in the woods"
And, the day I picked my handle, I saw somebody had a name that sounded like a movie title. I thought of the movie Boys in the Hood.

The real name is Judd.

BOYZ