• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The story behind your, "Handle"

EBass

Swamp Scooter... It took long enough to come up with a good registered name for my new Chessie. I couldn't think of anything better. 85# and she still scoots like a puppy at 4.

I wanted to be the Master-Baiter (from a bait shop in New Hampshire...REALLY!!!) but thought that might get me in a different catagory. The MB was what my wife thought I would use ...and no not for that reason. Nice try on your gutter minds. Andy Weyer 34, MN born on the iron range, living in Roseville, and just wanted to tell all that I have benefitted from all your comments and insights and hope to add some of my own in the future.

Time to fish...

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Southerner just seemed appropriate. I moved to MN from Savannah, GA (deep south) about six years ago. Some Minnesotans claim we southern folk have accents. Well, let me tell you, it works both ways! :-) I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I've had folks up here ask where I'm from. Most of the time they guess "Texas". I always tell them "Duluth". What's really funny is that some actually believe me.

Oh, by the way, and not to get too much off topic, can anyone provide guidance as to where this "Duck Duck Grey Duck" game differentiation originated? What's up with messing with a good thing?! Apparently central MN is the one area of the nation that chooses to play with "Grey Duck" rather than "Goose". I've taken informal polls of friends and coworkers from around the country and it's apparent that MN is bucking the trend with their version of this childrens' game.

A few years back I found it necessary one day to moon my golfing buddies. They did not appreciate the close-up revealing of my buns of steel, and let me know about it using lots of vivid descriptions. Their concensus was that the view was not good,thus, Bad Moon.

Mine is fairly boring as well. "Stoneeyes" is just my amalgam of eyestone, my last name. 317 is for 3/17, which is my birthdate, just like someone elses here grin.gif; I, however, do have a little Irish blood in me. Probably where I get what red hair I have that isn't beginning to grey frown.gif ...

eyes317

blacksportsman. Because I'm of African-American Descent, mostly (actually I'm mixed w/ Swedish, among other things, a mutt if you will) and because I like to participate in everything outdoors: hunting, fishing, camping, etc. Cool topic!!

------------------
"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

-Chief Brody (Jaws)

It started out as Hoss, not from bonanza or anything, but because my brother called me that. One buddy said let's go party over at Hoss's, and from there my place was known as the Hossienda. I am not even sure if half the people I know in my town know my real name?!?!

-Hossienda

Minnetonka is my favorite body of water. Tonka toys were may favorite growing up as a kid (I still have all of them to this day). With a little spin I had Tonka Boy!

I guess I couldn't fit "Tonka-raggidy, beer guzzling fishaholic guy with an extremely tolerant wife" as a user name... grin.gif

had a guy i used to work with start his own company tee shirts and etc.. one of his lines was this cross between a troll and a hippie he called it the weekend junkie. as we got to know each other he realized that the creature he had created was the cartoon version of me. only natural that he would start calling me the weekend junkie... the name has just stuck.

Three years ago, my brother kept hearing these "Red Lake" stories where the crappies had shoulders and would feed like pirahnas. Well, we had to investigate this rumor ourselves. Needless to say, we killed'em.

Feeling cocky, I came up with Crappie Killer.

I've been to URL 4 times, and haven't caught a single crappie since that first time out. I thinking I should change my name to Gladys or Sally or something.

I laugh everytime I type in my username, because I hardly ever fish for crappies.

I think I found out about this site about a year and a half ago. Man does time fly!

Taken in any context other than fishing, my "handle" may have a different meaning grin.gif

I'm a 90% live/natural-bait fisherman, so thus Night-crawlers are towards the top of that list. Thus I am the "Crawlerman" heh wink.gif

Ice-9 is a new kind of ice discovered by a mad scientist in Kurt Vonnegut's "Cat's Cradle." I'm an English teacher, so it's got to be literary. In the novel Ice-9 is a new way for atoms to arrange themselves, and if one little bit of it escapes into regular water will spread and freeze all water everywhere. It's a comedy.

Dave