• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The story behind your, "Handle"

EBass

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first signed on to this site in late 2000, I signed on with the initials of my name, DLR. I was laid off about a year later and did not have a computer in my home. In July of 2002 I was able to purchase a computer. I tried to get back on the site and was unable to post with my old registration. I then the 196th in front of the original registration and was able to post again. The 196th stands for the 196th Light Infantry Brigade of which I was assigned to in Veitnam during 1968. So there you have it, 196thDLR.

I save my dead minnows and use them for smashing and heads
Look in my freezer and I'm sure you will find a "frozenminnow" or 2
This also explains the name of my car The Minnow Bucket".

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

I p*ssed my pants during a little league game 30 + years ago. blush.gif Oh oh, was that too much information? grin.gifgrin.gif

In my exitement to get on this board, I wrote the first thing I thought off, now I'm stuck with it.

Inside jokes with the friends. Trips up north. Me and my fishing buddies, stories, try to scare the **** out of each other while sitting by the campfire or driving. Bigfoots aka: "yeti" running alongside the truck on highway 65, yeti coming out of the lake, grabbing one of us and dragging us into the lake, yeti making loud screeching noises in the woods, yeti stalking us when we're grouse hunting. It goes on and on. Pretty hilarious...

I was a traditional skydiving instructor and on the board of directors for the drop zone. All the young mountain dew boys started a new sport called free flying skydiving. I began to realize they were always having fun so I joined there group. They always kidded me I was a plant so the BOD could keep an inside track as to what was going on in there group.They gave me the name Free Fly Spy. Now traditional skydiving is pretty much a thing of the past and everyone young and old is freeflying.

I grew up near the rattlers valley outback of SW Australia. At the age of 3 years, my family was gathering cooking water down at the billabong where my oldies were both attacked and seriously injured by a black-throated stonefish. Being a wee bit cranky, I spent every waking minute learning the animal's instincts wishing to exploit them during my new found vengeance of the black throated stone fish.

After two decades of revenge and learning the stonefish ways, I moved to the USA. Being accustomed to hunting for my keep, I continued to use what I've learned from the outback here in the states. No stonefish, but lots of walleyes. I began to study the walleye just like I did the stonefish many years ago. Their actions are very different, but their instincts all revolve around the same things: S3x, Safety, and Food Source.

So... to all my FM blokes, I'll give you some advice that will make you as successful as a dingo's donger. Hunt the elusive walleye by exploiting their instincts. Remember, food source, s3x, and safety. Everything we do on the waters, should focus on this.

I think my handle explains itself now.

Hooroo,

'Dundee

I have pretty much given up hunting, golfing and many other "free time activities", but I will fish until I die.

I will go at anytime, in any weather and do what ever it takes to get the bite.

I have been called many things most are not allowed as a handle. ;-) This one just sums it up the best.

Steve

Nickname "cheeks" was a spin-off of my last name, drove through the town of Cheektowaga in NY on a roadtrip and the boys thought it was fitting. If anyone reminded them of an indian warrior they said it was me. Besides, it's impossible to shake a nickname.

I came up with this handle based on my favorite bait for catching jumbo perch in Oneida Lake (near Syracuse, NY).
I use a perch eye to tip a home made spoon made from copper pipe. I killer combo!!!
PerchEye

I went to my first FM get-together about a year and a half ago on Mille Lacs with a buddy of mine (Huskminn). At the time I didn't have a user name. I was an FM troller at best. Anyway, 2 in the morning, sitting with a great bunch of people around a campfire, brews being consumed at a very dangerous rate, I started playing my harmonica. Last name Baermann. The handle evolved. The rest is history...

Good luck fishing and Happy New Year!

HB

I was called knoppers as a nickname since high school, since it was close to my last name, my friends just added some letters. since my first name is kevin, there was four of use named kevin, and so you can figure, all four of us have nicknames. I know, pretty boring.

Usually the first thing that comes out of my mouth when I pull my empty hook out of the water. "Fleeced! I've been fleeced, again!"

Merriam Webster says, "fleece - to strip of money or propery by fraud or extortion."