• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The story behind your, "Handle"

EBass

When I take my nieces and nephews fishing I would get them all set up to fish. then I'd put a minnow on a jig and cast out. Sure enough everytime one of the kids would catch a fish and I'd set my pole down to help. Well, you guessed it, when I reeled in my line there were always weeds on it. So, the kids started calling me weedcatch. They still do today.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took mine from the book 'Walleye Patterns' by Babe Winkleman. The second chapter is titled: Clayface. In this chapter, Babe describes the cycle of events during the final year of an old, female walleye named Clayface.

I thought it was kind of amusing and odd when I first read it. I don't know why.

Back in the day before we had the Timberwolves I was a big fan of number 23. I was always impressed how Phil Jackson could corral that talent into a system, he was into zen also. So it is a nod to Michael Jordan via Phil Jackson. That said my true passion is Gopher Hockey.

A ZEN MASTER

Back in the day when CB radios were popular, we had cb's in all the tractors on the farm. With 10 kids in the family, they decided to pick a Bird "theme" for all the names. Since I was always the first one up in the AM, I was EARLYbird. Figured "earlybird" gets the worm also worked for a fishing HSOforum!
WI added because had trouble getting my original password back.

The "buz" is derived from the first three letters of my last name.

The "bunni" (bunny) designation was given to me by my high school football coach while watching film one Saturday morning.

Let's just say I didn't make the play...

------------------
SERIOUSLY! It was THIS big!

Nice topic, Ebass!
This is an easy one.
I'm the water-breathing, cross-bred spawn of a mermaid and a lighthouse keeper destined to be the ruler of Atlantis and ambassador to the surface world. grin.gif

I swam up the Mississippi to get some postcards from Lake Itasca (the guys down in Sediment City don't believe The Mississippi is EVER clean) and then I discovered all these Hot Blonde Women with Goofy-Lookin' Guys. JACKPOT!!!
Little did I know that the Hot Blonde Women Of Minnesota only spawn in response to Offers Of Matrimony. Now I am a local Goofy-Lookin' Guy mated to a local Hot Blonde Woman.

Rob

Everytime time I go out with the buddies to a lake with Eelpout, who do you think always ends up with the first, biggest, and most bubot on the end of his line? I am more like a Pout magnet, but of course my buddies will always call me the Poutmaster.

------------------
Love them 'Pout!

Luck helps, but cannot be relyed on to be successful in hunting and fishing. Research, effort, and experience are what puts fish and game in the freezer. People will say "You got lucky" when you tell or show them your results. After showing them the results from several different outings I say to them, Can it be luck?

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

Well.... Mine is pretty sorry/boring....
B is First initial of my first name Barry...
MAT is the First 3 initials of my last name Mathwig...
43 was my jersey number...
I have been using BMAT43 since I first signed up for free hotmail in 1998...
Have been thinking about changing though... here is the story... last year I was ice fishing with my 5yr old nephew, my father, and my brother in law, we didn't have much luck a total of 3 fish, as we were leaving the ice my nephew takes a role call as to who caught fish... guess who got shut out.... that's right it was me... nephew states "Uncle Barry Didn't Catch None" in that 5yr old tone of voice... you know the one that kind of sounds of na na na naaa naaa ....
any way ... How does UBcatchNUN sound?
Any thoughts?

Thanks...

Barry

------------------
If it was so easy to catch fish.... they'd call it catching and not fishing