• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The story behind your, "Handle"

EBass

I was wondering what stories are behind everyones user name. Some people have their regular names, some have a catchy ring, some don't make any sense, and some are down right funny so what's your story?

My real name is Eric. Back in the day my friends called me E. My favorite fish is a Bass. I think the rest is history. Now your turn.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was once known as Bornofice within the walls of FM.com. I can't remember who said it to me many years ago, but they said I ice fished so much that I must have been "born of ice." It stuck in my head from there on out. I still try to live up to that handle.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Not a rookie as far as age (49) or fishing (fished all my life "in the summer"). Finaly went ice fishing about 3 or 4 years ago and of course, got hooked (so to speak). Gotta give my bro-in-law credit for getting me out there...he's been prodding me for 20 years to try it...glad I finaly gave in! Name is Paul and I "love" this site...great info, great topics...learned alot just from what I've read in the last few years.

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

I was still a Youth Pastor and Club Chaplain when at the 1999 Fishers of Men Fall Outing. One of our guests that year was a jolly blind fellow named John Bowler; When he found out I prefer to fish for Bass immediatlely dubbed me The Basspastor and the moniker stuck even though I am no longer doing ministry as such.

I have had the nickname swampman since high school, i'm 43 now. my dad was in the bait buis, turtle buis , so i spent alot of time helping trapping ,whatever and one of my friends hung swampman on me, i have been called worse so i went with that.

Back in my younger days, much younger, I played a lot of softball and was actually pretty quick. My friends stared calling me mercury. Till this day when they see me they still call me "merc". Now I can't even run to the fridge for a beer!! PS, just a coincidence but I actually have a merc motor on the boat.

Did you here that story about how the internet domain name "men.com" sold for a couple million dollars or something the other day. That's what I did, picked a name hoping I could sell it... Just kidding, I don't know why I picked Piker. I like the Pikers, but don't fish for them much any more.

Oh and, Vikes in '04!!

born March 17 St. Patricks day. the last to digets I left off are 34.. just a skosh short of the big 70..lived alot ..loved alot.. fished alot..love this country and most poeple ..what more can ya ask...
NO I'm not Irish ..just AMERICAN....
DAD was Polish, MOM was German
What else can I say....

Well my name is jeff and 127 is the number I use on my enduro car when I race(d) down at raceway park. I haven't done it in a few years since fishing and hunting takes up most.........well.....ALL of my free time.

Jeff

so many lakes.........so little time