• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for all the John Deere Fans

10,000 Casts

I just picked up what I think is a gem. But I have some questions... It's an LX 185 Lawn Tractor. It has barely been used and in great shape(new battery, new belts and the pullies are in great shape. The deck is yellow. The tires are original and I mowed with it yesterday and it is awesome. Not a bad pick up for $300 I think.

My first question is, how do I find out what year it is?

Second, where can I find used attachments like a snow blower or plow.

Third, do you guys think that it was a good price???

Thanks guys!

You can find both (year and attachments) at your John Deer dealer. JD dealers often have used implements that came in on trade. The LX series are fairly light weight machines and I'm not sure if they support a snow blower. The GT series machines are what to look for if you want to use all of the attachments.

Looks like it's a 1985, and if it's a Lawn tractor you won't have the hitch to add attachments. "Garden" tractors generally have that, but "lawn" tractors don't. $300 does sound like a good price.

The most important ??? is this....

Did you get a hat???

Old school bilboard or low profile????

Mesh or denim???

Cowboy with a patch....

Dont get me wrong, I am happy for you with this deal, but you can not drive a jon deer without representation. winkwink