• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BottmLine Fish Finders

NewFisher

Well I am new to this board and would like some opinions about the Bottom Line fish finders. I am wanting to purchase one and I am wondering if they are worth the money. Any and all comments or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Craig

I bought a boat and one came with it and i love it!It tells me every thing a guy needs to know!and the one i have has to be 14 years old and never had a problem with it and it's not like its out of date that thing has all kinds of bells and whistles it's pretty neat hope i helped a little!!

For what you will spend for a Bottomline you can purchase 2 really good depthfinders these days.
Take a look at some of the new Eagle models-more bang for your buck than has ever before been available. I currently have the hots for the new Fish Elite 480.
This is a 480 vert pixel recording sonar, GPS w/WAAS,and chart plotter. This hot little unit has 16 level gray scale, and will digitally record sonar graphs and GPS trip details on MMC or SD memory cards. It can also use maps from either Navionics or MMC cards.
It looks as if this sweet thing will sell for around $450.
Eagle also has a Sonar/GPS that will retail for under $200 this season. These are truly good times if you are in the market for new electronics.
Take a good hard look at what the market has to offer before you plunk down your money on a Bottomline unit. grin.gif

Waterwolff,
I would be interested in taking that one that is collecting dust off your hands. What's your price? Let me know. Thanks for all the advice.
Craig

The fish finder would be for ice fishing and maybe later on a small boat.

kwkfsh,
Are you talking about a regular fish finder for a boat. How do you mount the tranducer
? Do you need a 12 volt source? If so can you use a motorcycle battery or something smaller then a car battery. Thanks for your advice.
Craig