• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ever heard of Triumph Boats out of NC?

GudeMN

After 3 years with no boat, my wife and I are finished kicking out kids. I've been given the green light to rejoin the ranks of "MEN" and get a boat this summer. One stipulation includes Fish/Ski capabilities. I can go with that due to some fishable Fish/Ski models out there. In my searching I ran across a Triumph. After checking out the HSOforum I'm intrigued. Anyone have any experience in them. How's the ride, are they as indestructible as claimed, and what's the weight of the boat compared to glass. I am mainly a walleye guy so need something that can handle some rolling seas. Thanks for any help.

I can tell you what I know...I was looking for a center console boat and ran into Logic boats about 10 years ago, they turned into triumph boats at some point in the last few years. I read a lot about them, talked to a few people online, even looked at a used one down in the cities a couple years ago. It was OK, but only a 17 and smaller than I wanted. As I understand, they are roto-molded construction, as opposed to fiberglass. They don't hold a shine like gel coat. They sometimes have issues with the hull slightly warping out of water (saw a few pics on the net of this), thier lines aren't as true in general. Kind of like a coleman canoe. Tough, but not as refined as some. They are said to ride well, I think the weight is slightly less then fiberglass. Very tough boats as well. Many guys are satisfied with them, the price point is right, and if I'd have found the right one I'd have bought it after everything I'd seen written on them. I eneded up finding a 20'BayChamp glass CC 2 years ago, so I'm set now.