• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tell Your Shocking - Ice Fishing Tales

Mr Freeze

Last year a gamewarden in Ely told me that he was let into a shack by a "bunch of drunken kids." He said that he was shocked to see them all naked half/slumped over looking down the holes calling for fish. He said that they were all wet from the arms down...trying to catch fish with their hands. Plus, the heater looked like it never was turned on either. He described the whole thing to me as I laughed my head off. There were a bunch of guys and girls crammed into a 6-hole permanent with no heat. Good thing that he came in there. Probably saved their life by calling the Sheriff to deal with it.

[This message has been edited by Mr Freeze (edited 12-29-2003).]

2 years ago I fished with a party of trout seekers on Square Lake. Clear water, I could easily see the bottom in 15' of water. Oddly enough, it seemed like the bottom was slowly moving or active. I brushed aside my curiosity and went on my business looking for trout. As we poked more holes and the sun came up directly above... I couldn't believe it, there was a hatch going out of my hole! The caddis in their cases were moving along the bottom and the light from the hole was enough for them to hatch and literally fly right out of my hole! Bugs in the middle of the winter? It was an odd day indeed...