• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ARE YOU GUYS shooting

I won't start shooting until August 1st. I will then shoot pretty steady up to the seson and then once a week until the end. This site will idle along until the season approaches and then it will fire up.....

Still shootin'. I try run a couple dozen arrows through the stick and string at least twice a week. I usually take Jan and Feb off, but that's it for me. No rest for the wicked!!! crazy

Shot indoors all winter. This will be my first summer without shooting league since I was a kid. (That was a long time ago)

I came home from a hunt in Montana last fall with a bad knee. Walking around the hills of Chilakoot does me no favors. Gotta have the knee in good shape by October so I'm gonna try to be good to it till then.

I've been shooting a little bit, but not as much as I should. Once turkey season is over I will start the process of buying a new bow.

My old bow is still making 6" groups at 40yds. Hopefully I can tighten that up. Also, I purchased some FOB's so thats something I'm looking forward to using also this year.

Been shooting all year, just more outside on walk through courses than inside since its getting nice out. Had a big problem with the bow and had to have her sent back to the factory for engineering to take a look at her. Draw mods were stripping the screws out and shredding the metal. That made a lot of noise. Should be back in 2-4 weeks. Then business will pick up again.

Shot a few arrows a few weeks ago. A little rusty, but not too bad. Hopefully I can get into my shooting routine in a few weeks.

Shoot Straight!

This last weekend I shot an American Fita round.. 20 arrows at each distance 40-50-60yds... at a 122 cm face... it was fun...

An actual FITA round is 40-50-60 meters. Where did you do that? I've always enjoyed the target round.

True DonBo, although I think a true FITA is 50-70Meters?... Thats why I shot the "American 600 Fita round".. they use the exact same target 122cm face... I just shot it in my back yard up at the cabin where you met me... I can shoot out to about 130 yards maybe more..

Just replaced my Biscuit with a new one, put one on daughters bow, and son outgrew his reach on his bow, going to use my old one till growth spurt is done. We got ALOT of tuning before we get into too much practice. On the bright side, just did a camo paint job on our 5yr old's bow, so he's lettin em fly.

I'm actually ashamed to say I haven't taken it out yet. Last year was my first year bow hunting and it was a blast! I need to get it out and get some more practice in.

Just replaced my Biscuit with a new one, put one on daughters bow, and son outgrew his reach on his bow, going to use my old one till growth spurt is done. We got ALOT of tuning before we get into too much practice. On the bright side, just did a camo paint job on our 5yr old's bow, so he's lettin em fly.

Heat Checker you say that your son grew out of his bow. My soon to be wife really wants to get into shooting at targets just for fun. I'm looking at an inexpensive starter bow for her. Don't want to put too much $ down on it in case she doesn't like it as much as she thinks. Are you looking at getting rid of it? I'll put a post on the "for sale" section of Archery if you want to respond...thanks.

First time out shooting and have not been active on the site because of WORK!!!! 10-12 hours a day and some Saturdays takes away for other interests but, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for fun things smile

KW

got mine and my sons out last week,

definantly started at 10 yards, and have some issues to deal with before perfecting placement...String twist, loose bolts and gobblers running around the range..Geeze if I can only get 'em there next year...LOL

Oh yeah, wax...need more wax!