• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

upper red lake crappies

thebears26081

red lake is starting to pick up folks...!!!!!! lately our guides have had quite good success....considering that usually early season crappie fishing is slow....but not for us......averaging from anywhere to 10-15 crappies a trip(which we release most of them) and all being about 13-14 inches with a occasional 15 incher. which is fun as heck. and the walleyes.... wow they keep you busy!!!!!C/R... of course

good fishing.....

------------------
www.bearpawguides.com

It is aproximatly 60-70 miles to url from Baudette. As far as resorts it depends on what you are looking for,there is a few on the east side and a few on the south.You might want to check the resort locator for more info.

I'm not sure where some of you get your numbers but, it's less than 40 miles from the intersection of Hwy 11 and Hwy 72 to Hudecks. It's a straight shot with no towns. At the posted 55 it takes less than a hour. The way most people drive, it's 35 minutes. I have done it several times.. It is worth the trip both summer and winter....Kaz

Gentlemen,
I believe from Hudecs it is less than 40 miles to Baudette. I have made many trips to LOTW in the summer and that road is boring. It may seem like 60-70 miles because it is so straight and uneventful (unless a bear or a deer jumps out in front of you). If you check the sign at Shooks, I believe it is 60 miles to Baudette from there. I usually fiqure from White Bear, 3 hours to Grand Rapids, another hour to Northome, and another hour or so to Baudette in good to excellent drivibg weather.
Catch a Big One!

From Washkish to Scheusters Resort in Baudette from Mapquest
is as follows

Maneuvers Distance Maps

1: Start out going North toward TOWNSHIP ROAD 9. 0.0 miles Map

2: Turn SHARP LEFT onto TOWNSHIP ROAD 9. 0.0 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto MN-72. 40.6 miles Map

4: Stay straight to go onto MN-11/MAIN ST W. Continue to follow MN-11. 0.9 miles Map

5: Turn RIGHT onto MN-172. 10.4 miles Map

6: End at 3140 STATE HIGHWAY 172 NW BAUDETTE MN

Total Est. Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes Total Est. Distance: 52.16 miles

To make it in less than an hr? I would think an hr is a better estimate.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

Hey HuskersRule,

How long of a drive to URL from the cities? Can't remember the exact time but its long, probably around 5 hrs. You can do it in a day trip too, I've made many of them. The problem is you get back to the cities fairly late and tired. If you have multiple drivers, just switch off and take naps, no big deal. We used to leave about 9 or 10 in the morning, usually fishing by 3:30 or 4 pm and fished til 7:30-8pm and then started the drive back. It was always a good time.

Check the URL forum too, the best route from the cities to URL has been discussed many times in the past.