• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Stone Church...(6 images)

First one works the best for me. Stu you can learn some other tricks playing with your software on repairing keystoning. What that means is the buildings that have sides that are not vertical can be made to look as if they are straight and the building is not leaning back.

If you want me to I can show you a copy of your photo with the walls corrected. Just let me know.

First of all thank you Stu for allowing me to work with your photo, very kind of you. With buildings you often get walls that are converging, how severe depends on lens, closeness to the building, your angle to the building.

Architectural photographers get around this by using tilt shift lenses, not a cheap option. The rest of us get to use software correction. When I shoot buildings I generally shoot them loose to account for the loss of edges due to the software correction.

First open your file in Photoshop, I checked and the option is not there for Photoshop Elements, sorry folks. Go under Filter > Distort > Lens correction. You now have a number of options to correct for barrel distortion, vertical perspective, horizontal perspective, etc.

Adjust the vertical perspective until your walls look vertical, the grid that pops up will help. If you have enough space around your photo you can use the Edge command set to transparency and use the slider at the bottom to move and eliminate your white space. You can also re-crop using the crop tool.

Thats all there is to it. You may not always want to correct for this depending on the look you are after. The only place I may not use this would be old barns with crooked walls that you want to emphasize.

299206811_cUXAA-XL.jpg

Interesting options Dan and I thank you for sharing! The more I play with the camera and the editing options that are available through digital photgraphy, the more I want to learn.

Thanks again...