• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Glow Devils, crappies and more!

ChuckN

I recently got my hands on some of those Glow Devils in all sizes last week, and wow, I was impressed.

It was a tough bite for most of the week, and I primarily caught some jumbo perch. Over the weekend I located some crappies and just smoked 'em with the 1/16 oz glow red, pink/white, blue/white, and overall, the gold/red was the best. With my wife, mother, father and I packed into the Otter house everyone could not believe the amount of crappies these lures produced compared to the other presentations!

I also tried the Angel Eye Jr. spoons for comparison, and caught crappies, but the fish wanted the Glow Devils much more.

Has anyone else had success with the Glow Devils? I know Scott found some walleyes with them, I'm still working on that..... smile.gif

I ordered a dozen 1/8th ounce glow devils, but found out they wouldn't make it to me in time for my 5 day weekend. Ended up finding some glow devils at Glenn's Army/Navy Surplus in Grand Rapids. I bought an 1/8th ounce in the red glow and perch patterns. Used the red glow most of the weekend. Caught all but two of probably 20+ crappies on it one day, plus two bonus 18 inch walleyes on a lake not well known for walleyes. The next day I caught all but 5 of 30+ crappies on the glow devil, plus a bonus 5 lb. pike. Went out the next night and caught a few jumbo perch and about a dozen cigar-sized walleyes, about half were caught on the perch pattern, other half on a jig/minnow combo. I'd say these glow devils are worth their weight in gold!!

Chuckn, Thats all I need to hear,you know a fishermen needs all the jigs he can get, Im running out of room in my jig boxes eveytime I buy bait I buy more jigs even though I know I have plenty. Now I need more boxes and Glow Devils, will it ever end. Am I addicted

I also forgot to mention that I caught 5 big fat bull gills, when nobody else fishing caught any gills whatsoever. That really surprised me! The thing is this lake I caught the crappies, I have never seen quality bluegills whatsoever in the many, many years I've fished the lake.

I used a crappie or small fathead minnow, pinched off the body and only used the minnow head on the hook.

I feel the same way, fishnutbob! Sometimes I don't dare buy more tackle, but I had to see what all the hype was about, so I bought a few. I now know why people like these! I'm just sharing my successful experience with others.

[This message has been edited by ChuckN (edited 12-30-2003).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

They are hard to find and they run out quickly.

Very high demand on these babies.

We are backordered and guys are in line on a first come first served basis for the Glow Devils.