• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Metro Area Fishing Books

Icerookie

As far as books are concerned, Sportsmans Collection is nice. There are two Metro book, east and west Metro. They have a mojority of the lakes outside of the private and non-accessible lakes. Also have good and recent info on stocking and surveys.

Also might want to look into the Lake Master Lake Maps for your computer as well. They are nice to have and there are a lot of features.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

I think the Twin Cities Fishing Guide by Sybil Smith has the best information regarding productive locations and tactics for each lake. A lot of good information was gathered from locals, professional anglers, guides, bait shop owners and others. Just check the references listed at the back of the book. However, I also like the East/ West Metro series put out by Sportman's Connections. The DNR survey info is a big plus, more lakes are covered and the maps are bigger (but not very detailed).
Both are very handy in my opinion.

I have a Twin Cities Fishing Guide signed by Sybil Smith. My mom's good friend knows Sybil really well and fishes with her a lot. They were in the same fishing club growing up. A very nice lady. Also a good book smile.gif

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy