• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HOW BOUT DOS VIKES

#Boater#

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww...poor Vikings fans. frown.gif You only come in first or second every year and you still whine about it!!
I've come to love it! I just like seeing you Viking/Twins fans crushed every year now. Poor fans...boo-fricken'-hoo!!
You want to know pain? Trying being a Detroit Lions fan! I'm from Detroit and will go down a Lions (Tigers, Pistons and Red Wings) fan! I remember when the Red Wings couldn't get out of the cellar in late 60's, 70's and early 80's...but look at us now! The winningest NHL franchise in the last 17 yrs!!
Patience and faith my friends...the Tigers are gonna turn it around and so will the Lions and boy will it taste good...the champagne, that is...I've got my bottle chillin' now...looks like I may be waiting awhile too... wink.gif
...(well the Red Wings should win the Cup)

[This message has been edited by ackotz (edited 12-29-2003).]

Duante certainly does not resemble John Elway at the end of a game.

Duante always throws an interception or is busy chasing the ball around on the turf whenever the Vikes need a big play.

With that said, I still think Duante is one of the best QBs in the game today.

I think the Vikings problems come down to coaching. Tice, just like Denny, is unable to make adjustments at half-time or during game.

Rosenthal must be a carbon copy of Stuessie with all of his false start and holding penalties.

Marmot

Yeah, Barry Sanders could've been the best back in NFL history if he would've been on a halfway decent team.

I've come to learn not to expect too much from the ol' Vikes from early on in the season, I'm a Vikes fan but I didn't even think of watchin them yesterday, I went fishin instead. Glad I did.

TIMBER LODGE sure knows how to name a steak.
THE VIKING it's gotta be tender after losing
4 superbowls and my i add the season of 2003
grin.gif: grin.gif:
should have drowned minnows

I give my name to the viks (fubar). How can the supposed #1 offence only come up with 17 points against the worst defense? Our defense, thou not the best held them to only 18 points. For all the statistics about Cullpepper, his job comes down to moving the offense and winning, something he can’t do. I agree that the play calling stunk, but it also seemed that Culpepper was changing up every other play. Just my 3 cents.

Tice is good, it's his asst. coaches that suck. I think duante isn't worth the money cause he can't handle alittle pressure. Also, I wonder if Brett Favre dad had something to do with this, you just don't lose a game like the vike queens did, no way! Now, if the packers win the superbowl or even make it to the superbowl, I think it's because of Favre dad... (I can't wait for the NASCAR season to start now that football is done.)

You are right, esoxmn...there are a lot of fair weather fans here in Minnesota...but even the Packer fans can be fair weather...the day before the Pack lost to the Broncos in their last superbowl all you could see was packer flags waving from cars, Packer jackets..the whole nine yards...and the day "after" they lost, I didn't see ONE flag...ONE jacket...nothing!! I have been watching the Vikes since the beginning (I'm 49) and I'm as big a diehard Vikes fan now as I've ever been. All of these people jumping off the bandwagon will jump back on as soon as it's convienient. I know that the Vikings history isn't like some of the other franchise's with multiple title's but they are the "MINNESOTA" Vikings and I for one will never be "done" with cheering them on! Like someone said in an earlier post: PATIENCE AND FAITH...thats what "true" fans will allways have in common. And when the Vikes finaly win the super bowl most of the people whinning will be the first ones to say "I always knew they would do it"!! No matter which way you slice it, the Vikes improved this year from 6 wins to 9 wins..and its only Tice's 2nd year. I believe they're on the right track and next year i'm sure they'll be in the playoffs...remember, Patience and Faith!!!

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

Been a Vikes fan all my life but couldn't sit and watch such disrespect for the game. Moss could have dove for the endzone a yard away but instead chose to run out of bounds. What's with that? Daunte couldn't hang on to the ball nor pass worth a darn. 100 million for Daute? No way..

During the halftime break I got so frustrated that I hoped the Vikes would lose to give the Packs a chance. The Vikes simply are disfunctional with key players who are gutless. The Pack is respectful because they try hard and have heart down to the very last seconds. Favre has the heart for the game that I admire regardless of what uniform he is wearing. Look at Ferrat who was put in early season.. you could see the whole energy of the team become electrified. He carried a win for every game he played in. His ability to lead the team and chemistry were right for the team. Daunte has done nothing more than drain the team as a whole. When he came back after injury, Daunte brought down the level of intensity to a lull. Give Ferrat a try or someone else with experience and most of all heart for the game. I am so tired of the coaches allowing players to "get by" during the season. No excuse.... Get a winning coach and QB.

[This message has been edited by Mr Freeze (edited 12-29-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Mr Freeze (edited 12-29-2003).]

8 people sat there stunned into silence over at my buddies house. Could not believe it. The one thing I did get out of the game is that Kevin Williams can be a heck of a player. Several sacks, an interception, all by a rookie.

I am still in denial over the loss, which IMO was "official" highway robbery. The only thing the Cardinals did to win that game was convert a 3rd and 13 and get the onside kick. Both TD's were bogus, and as an astute watcher noted the TE pulled our saftey down to the ground by the face mask and that is how he got so open. On the replay it was unbelievably blatant and Brian Russell was immediately in the officials face about it to no avail.

All I have to say is if the Vikes stay healthy look out for next year. Our defense is on the up swing (The Rams blow out was mostly on the offense and special teams), Daunte is a very good QB getting better and bounced back from a terrible 92 Season, this years phemnominal rookie class got extended opportunities and performed well. Randy Moss is maturing, Burelson makes a great #2, and Campbell a great #3. The penalty problems are fixable.

I say keep Tice, keep the O coordinator, have a good draft and bury the Packers next year and go for a long run of division supremacy. People keep in mind how bad the Vikes were last season and how much improved they were this year.

If we stay healthy look for a 13-3 or 12-4 next year.

Bring back the Randy Ratio! LOL. Tice needs to be friggin fired. Game plan was just horrid. Why didnt they throw to moss? Because he was covered? When isnt he covered when he scores touchdowns? Why didnt we exploit the outside on running plays? Because Tice is a BONE HEAD.

Mike--

Basspastor,

I'd like to agree with you, mostly because all of what you said makes good sense. However, I've been a Vikes fan too long to actually get suckered into optimism for next year. I'll expect 6-10 and hope for better.
Secretly, I have to admit that if they got another decent D-lineman and a talented linebacker, I think things on defense might look better. Offensively, we need to keep Kleinsauser (spelling?) and few key others.
Scoot

First of all we need to get Bobby Knight coaching the Vikes. If he can't straighten theses guys out, no one can. Second, if we get a new stadium it better not have a roof on it! If I wanted to watch football in warm weather in Minnesota, I would put a t.v. in my sauna.

Well I definitely agree with the Bobby Knight comment. That guy is the best coach in any sport. He once said a good coach can win at any game he coaches. It's about discipline. I also agree with the comments about Mike Tice hiding under this facade' of being a disciplinarian. If he was so "tuff" on players why in the heck did we lead the league in penalties? I think Tice football knows football, i'm just not sure he is ready for the head coaching position. when you get to this level it no longer a time to still be learning, you had better be "learned." I'm sick of him saying "we didn't make enough plays today." That got so sicking hearing that for answer to what wrong over the past ten weeks.
All the Moss haters can shut their traps too. He is hands-down the best palyer in the game. I'm so sick of hearing how he doesn't play hard. Hello! have you seen his stats, if he's not playing hard the other players in the league must not be playing at all then, considering he blows them away year after year.
One last comment, fair weather fans are the best fans to have for a team. They are the ones that bring that excitement back to a city when a team begins to play well. I don't buy into this dump that you should stick with them through thick and thin. The fans are the ones who foot the bill for this league to exist, if one fan jumps off the bandwagon there's always another there to jump on.
This is the NFL, the players are paid to perform, the coaches are paid to coach, and the fans pay to see their team win.
Go Twins, Go Wolves, Go Wild, Go Vikes! Please give me another reason to board the Wagon!

still sitting here feeling like i got hit in the ribs with a sledge hammer for 60 minutes. the agony, the horror. and i begin to realize with unprintable misery that i might be watching my team lose every big game for the rest of my life. every year, same result. i convince myself every year that this might be the year only to have the pain come back after each season falls in the sea like castles made of sand.
but i'm starting to get over it. without defeat's agony, victory's thrill would be like cheap sherry wine. ask the florida marlins fans. or ravens fans. and like every year before, next year i'll probably convince myself this year might be different. minnesota vikings fans are the best in the world. and when it finally is the year, the champaigne is going to taste so good. just ask denver donkey fans when they finally won the Big Game. or bucs fans. the Purple Nation will get ours and i'll be driving the bandwagon along with ol' jerry burns and 2 minute tommy will be drunk as a skunk, whooping it up with fuad reveiz and joey browner. scott studwell too.
it still hurts though. a lot. time to go fishing.