• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can I cancel my order?

Ordered a musky lure on-line from a shop in Hayward on May 2nd. They advised that it would be shipped in 7 to 10 days. I have made several calls and was told that it would arrive on Wednesday the 14th. It never arrived. I called on Thursday the 15th and their representative advised that it was UPS'd on Wednesday the 14th and I should receive on the Friday the 16th. It was not received on the Friday, nor Saturday, or Monday the 19th.

Since they didn't give me a UPS tracking number and they haven't responded to my e-mail (I want things in writing from this point forward)...am I stuck?

i've found it's a good idea to ask for a tracking number when shipping. far as they know the driver lost the package. you did and they don't know it i'd say that's a little fishy. mabe their out of stock and waiting for a shipment and figure as long as they get it to you by opener you'll be happy? who knows. but they need to produce the product or your money or threaten them with the BBB. worked for me a few times. good luck

Wade'e Wobbler. I had a hard time finding one and googled "Wade's Wobbler" and clicked the first link that showed up. I figured that they were a reputable company but I am concerned with their lack of service. I'm out $20 so it's not a huge loss, but just the principal bothers me greatly. I should have just gone to Thorne Bros and asked them to order.

Wade's Wobbler is a great jerk-bait bait. He has all new colors and some new sizes this year and they are really sweet. Some also have bucktails attached and some have grub trailers. It is also one of the most durable baits made.

What I do to the wobblers is I put 2 screw eyes in the back of the bait along the sides and attach 2 small nickel Colorado blades for some flash and vibration. I throw them plain too, but I jut thought the flash was a nice addition.

I talk to Wade on a weekly basis, great guy and a great bait maker.

Good Luck on your next order.

You'll love the Wobbler!

I found your problem...if you got the same result I did when I Googled Wades Wobbler.

That place is notorious for problems like this.

Generally, you are charged when your order is shipped. So cancelling wont really do any good since you have already paid for it.

This sucks, but I'm not sure what avenues you have to fix it.

Hopefully, you get the bait or your money back. Good luck

Thank you 10,000 casts for the tip! If I do get the lure, I will consider those improvements.

Mojo...yup that's them. I'll just consider it a loss and order from Thorne Bros if I don't get it. I should have ordered from them in the first place, however I made a kneejerk decision and now regret.

If you paid for it by credit card, call the credit card company and dispute the charge. If you do not receive your product, the cc company will remove the charge and charge the company you purchased from a chargeback fee.

Thanks for the tip - Dan. I will admit that I need more patience. I am mostly upset that the sales rep lied to me. He said he UPS'd it on Monday and it would arrive on Wednesday and it never arrived. So I called on Thursday and he tells me that he UPS'd it on Wednesday and I should expect it on Friday. I don't think it is too much to ask for honesty and not repling to my e-mail that I sent inquiring about a tracking number has me upset as well. That's just poor service.

I do understand though, I do need to let it go....I'm not going to be using it anytime soon, and I will just buy somewhere else.

with all due respect, the season doesn't open until June 7th. relax and give it the rest of the month.

Pig did you read his story? How long do you let it drag out? Ever heard of customer service? June 7th, what if he was headed to WI? Harder and harder to come by, just another fine example of poor service in retail. It is about honesty and integrity, if you can ship it then ship it, if you can't ship then tell the customer.

If it's who I think it is, I had an order from them recently that missed one item. I emailed them about it and they said it would be coming in another week. It indeed showed up, but unless I asked they wouldn't have told me about it. I just don't think they stay well on top of things unless the customer is standing in front of them.

That's pretty poor. No matter what industry you're in, you need to be upfront with your customers. Even if you've made a mistake...tell your customer that. You're going to gain a lot more respect and you will gain and keep a lot more customers by doing so. If I would ever tell a customer that I've shipped their product and I didn't do it, I'm going to expect to lose that customer. Not only that, I'm sure that customer will tell a number of people about it and I'll never earn those people's business either.

I still think you should have some recourse. You should be able to call them up and ask them to refund your order. It's not that difficult to refund a credit card. Tell them that you haven't received the order and that it hasn't even been shipped yet. Don't ask if it's shipped. Tell them that it hasn't. If it HAS been shipped it will put them on the spot to provide proof of that. I would say you've been more than patient. More patient than I would be in that situation!

Aaron

I will call musky tackle online.

They finally sent me an e-mail and advised that the order got messed up and if I wanted to cancel the order that I would not be charged. I advised to cancel the order.

In a way I feel bad, accidents happen, but I just wish their responce time and an update would have been better. If I knew that it would have taken a while...no problem. I believe I am a patient person. Oh well. Thanks for the responces to all.

yeah i work in customer service, not denying it's bad service, i definitely wouldn't go back to them again, but i wouldn't have clicked the first link that popped up on google either.

perspective - it's not hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, it's one bait. i sincerely hope hillbiehle gets it soon and catches a bunch of fish on it, but what is going to be helped by posting online? if a guy really gets raked over the coals by all means, posts some names, but it's one bait and one week late, like i said, can't get it wet for 2 weeks anyway. this tread just kept going on and on so i put my two cents in. i'm not hating on anybody