• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Testimonial....I thought I had it all!!!

Deitz Dittrich

Went out fishing today, with a couple of the board prostaff(Ray Esboldt and Matt Johnson) on a Chisago lakes area lake. Ok.. it was chisago lake...

Anyway, I thought I had it all when it came to ice fishing. I have my 2 man Frabil XLTwin, I have my Vexilar FL-18, an Aqua-vu, homemade rods that use the same blank as the "Sweetheart" rod. More ice lures than a guy should ever own. I am king of the world I have it all...... WRONG!!!!!!

Got to the lake, and started my journey out on the ice, I took 2 steps forward, then took 2 steps back(bad Paula Abdul song)I was getting nowhere at all. I felt just foolish. Ohh sure there were you people pointing and laughing. I would have not even made it out on the ice if Ray had not walked up and grabbed the rope from my hands connected to my fish house. Why was Ray able to walk with ease across the glare ice that yesturdays warm weather had left? Ice Grippers!!!!

I have seen the light!

Ray- Thanks for letting me know I am not perfect, and have to yet buy another peice of equipment for ice fishing.

Ohhh dear...did santa still have a little extra moolah left over?

PS.. Ray e-mail me if you want to head out on Wednesday... [email protected]

I can second that!!!

No Ice Grippers for me either, and walking out there sure was a pain. Good thing Ray brought with the 4-wheeler wink.gif The wind and slick ice conditions could have made for a long day on the ice (actually it would have been a long day off the ice). It was quite the site watching Exudedude and myself trying to catch up to Ray. Pretty comical to say the least. Looks like some new Ice Grippers are on the agenda!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Yep. I could walk tall today in spite of the ridiculously slick ice with them good old Ice Grippers (as seen on FM.com, http://fishingminnesota.com/icegrips.html). They're good stuff.

Thanks, Matt and Exude, for taking me out. It was a good time.

Exude, I'll shoot you email if I'm going to head out Wednesday afternoon.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Yup them things are sweet!
With the wind howling like it was and the ice slicker than grease on glass I sure was glad I had my Ice Grippers on.
A couple guys in our party did not have them and they got blown around on their feet! They were also a little on the slow side having to do the ice shuffle. smile.gif

Was on Mille Lacs the other day and had decided not to bring the 'Grippers" as there was plenty of snow. Got out a ways and the wind had blown alot of the snow cover away. Stepped off of the snowmobile and went down in a heap, twice. I won't be doing that again.

IceGrippers - Don't go fishing without them

------------------
Paul
[email protected]
Marcum
Otter Outdoors
Stone Legacy

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 12-28-2003).]