• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need some help.

I have a Canon D30. Eaven with the tripod i cant get a still pic. I would like to get a remote but i dont know if one will work on the D30. If anyone would like to tell me if one will work, how much it will cost, and were to get one that would help me out alot. Thanks Much

IMG_3678.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

Sorry I did't have any pics up in the first place. Some of u were talking about IS could i ask what IS is and what it does. I'm 16 and i would like to maybe make a career from Photography someday. Thanks

What type of pictures are you taking when you can't get a good one? What are your camera settings? If you can give us some info we can maybe help without having to get a remote. The only time I use a remote is when my shutter speeds are very slow, like around 1/2 second. You should be able to get good images without it.

A rule of thumb is that you can handhold a camera using a shutter speed that's equivelant to your focal length. For example if your using a 200mm lens you should be able to handhold down to 1/200 with good technique.

I hope we ca help.

hegs, there are a lot of things that can cause soft or blurry images, and it may have nothing to do with needing a remote shutter release.

It's best if you post an image here and let us extract the exif data so we can help you. There are quite a few things it could be, and we could all chime in with a dozen possibilities, but until we see an image and pull out the settings, it's all just guesswork.

Likely, after you post a pic you believe is blurry, we'll have questions to ask, so please post a pic and watch this thread. We'll all work together to get it figured out.

A rule of thumb is that you can handhold a camera using a shutter speed that's equivelant to your focal length. For example if your using a 200mm lens you should be able to handhold down to 1/200 with good technique.

That's a good guideline. However, if your lens has IS, and it's turned on, you should be able to cut the shutter speed by at least 2 more stops. In other words, with a 200mm, you should be able to handhold down to 1/50 sec.