• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Trophy Sizes"

SWMuskeye

keep em commin. I want to see a hundred more people post the same thing. I know you probably hate me and i woulndent even put my 2 cents in but when i read somthin like this its hard not to comment. as 4 the guy who likes dead animals on his walls, well ill bet hes a republican to. Hmm, see the connection. i LIKE MOUNTS TO IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES BUT If u have more then a couple u may need your head exaimined. As 4 deer heads, I mean come on. deer are like ants these days. I had a 200 pound plus buck in my back yard on wednesday and I see prolly dozens in a month. wooooo.

I don't see where politics would come in to play. That's just nonsense. If someone wants to mount an animal, that's up to them. I have one mount. I don't mount any cause it's realy pricey to do. I see no harm if someone wants mounts on animals on their wall. I guess some like wildlife and some like pictures of flowers or junk like that. You don't have to agree, but I wouldn't be so quick to bash someone for showing off what they love.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy all to your own, I absolutly love wildlife and in my own "sick" way, honor some of the more memorable animals buy preserving them in my house and telling their stories when ever someone asks, it all adds to the memories.

I should go and call my shrink now, those 5 mounts are all staring at me!

Quote:
As 4 deer heads, I mean come on. deer are like ants these days. I had a 200 pound plus buck in my back yard on wednesday and I see prolly dozens in a month. wooooo.

its not the 200 pound buck that makes us mount the deer head and rack...it could be a 90 class buck that weighs 200 pounds and then theres a 180 class that weighs 170 pounds and thats what should be on the wall.

I have a fork horn on the wall from this year.......you know why? When I was cleaning it, I found 4 ins. of arrow shaft and a broadhead burried in his backstrap, just under the spine. I thought that made a neat story, so I mounted the skullplate and have the arrow in his antlers.

I agree that it is the story and memories each animal creates that makes it special, not just the size.

Yes, that is true but we dont really see too many of these though (Shoulder mounts). I know a couple guys who has a forncorn and a small six on the wall and it was their first bucks. Theres nothing wrong with that.

I would have my biggest of the 4 or 5 species I target most mounted if I could afford to have them done. But pictures (when I remember the camera) will have to do for now.

To go with some other people on here. If I were to catch a 28" walleye on my little lake I go to. It would be on the wall. If I was up at Rainy River/LOW I wouldn't consider it. The trophy part depends on time of year and place where it was caught. Part of the Trophy is the Story to go with it.

How about these fish for Trophy.

Brown Trout

Lake Trout

Brookie

Steelhead

Rainbow

I did see a 36.6lb laker last week the same night I pulled in my 18.5" Brookie. Funny thing is. We didn't know each other and both fish are now at the same taxidermist.

HPIM0898.jpg

Brown Trout

-Inland 28" or 8#

-Outland 15#

Laker

-30#

Brookie

-Already have a 5lb 11oz.

Steelie

-15#

Rainbow

-10#

I'm more interested in the weight of the fish than the length. I love those big fat hogs that look like a fricken panzer. Some of these species I fish for alot more than others. The Browns and Brookies are my favorite and I've got close to breaking some of those goals, but they never quite met what I needed.

On another note my grandfather caught a brook trout that was pushing 10lbs and won some fishing contest back in the late 80's in Canada. My great-grandfather also caught a brook trout that at the time was a few ounces off the world recod. I have both mounts in my basement and they look massive. If you haven't looked at a brookie that's as big as that you really need to. It's downright scary campared to the little ones we catch in rivers around Wisconsin and Minnesota.