• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pike on Tip-Ups

Fish Trap

Basically i look for the same areas...i like the steep drop off with lots of weed cover. I guess it depends on where i am, but i usually fish in 12-15 foot of water...and set it around 7 feet down or so and do very well on pike

I have fished for pike for a number of years and have caught them from 3 - 25 feet of water. Ideally if you can find drop offs 6 -12 feet with weeds your in business. I was out in Wayzata bay this am and caught 6 pike in 3 hrs. All on a drop offs. Medium to large shiners with a spinner and treble, on a firewire leader and you should start seeing more flags.
Good Luck

I have ice fished for years, but am just now getting into the northerns. I really enjoy catching them on the tip up while I fish for other species. What is the best area, depth, structure to put out the tip ups? I have just been putting my herring in about 10ft out from the weedlines and doing very well, but there isn't much method to my madness. Any ideas?