• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Specials" on Catch-N Tackle site

Time for a new "Special"!
When you visit the Catch-N Tackle site and click on the yellow "Specials" you see what comes FREE with a $25.00 order, other than free shipping.
Any suggestions on what would be a good promo... for the "Special" for the next two months? I like to give a little extra with the large orders.

This is the special which is ending Jan. 1st...
Specials
Get a free sample of Bio-Bait Ice Bits with every order over $25.00!
Bio-Bait LARVA Ice Bits are....
real live bait that you do not have to keep alive! With a $25.00 or larger order, you get FREE SHIPPING and a sample of Bio-Bait Larva Ice Bits sent with your order.
LARVA Ice Bits are made of soy, real maggots, and wax worms! You add a tiny bit water and let soak for 10 minutes... then bait up and start fishing.
Bio Bait tastes exactly like real live bait. It can be digested and is FOOD for fish. It will not harm animals and is aprox. 75% protien. It does not die in sun... or in cold, it won't crawl off, it will not pupate, it stays on the hook as well as live bait, and can be frozen solid and used again & again..
In dry form, it has a shelf life of years! Bio Bait is handy in a zip lock bag, and there when you need bait. It fits in your shirt pocket.

So....I am thinking of what would be a good replacement Special.... hum.... not realy time for open water items yet.
How about a FREE sample of Bio-Bait Ice Bits Mealworm Shiner?
Or, perhaps a "combo pack" of Bio-Bait Ice Bits Mealworm Shiner and full sized Bio-Bait Mealworm Shiner? That might be cool smile.gif

Or would you guys be ready to sample some plastics? Baby Kick-N Craws maybe?

Rick, Richard, and C-N T Staff... what do you guys think?
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Dave...I'm always thinking about April fishing (even though it isn't even January) for panfish so my opinion would be around items you offer for crappies and sunnies. Smallest kick-n craw, ring-n grub, bio-bait ice bits and the smallest mud bugs, which by the way look to be a great addition. Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

Dan, the Mud Bug Craw Jig looks just AWESOME.
I can not wait to fish it!
You gotta love this!!!!
I have samples on the way to you smile.gif .

Fox Statler make some up for our "staff testing". I will be outfitting you, Jon Navratil, Dennis Steele, Ed Carlson, and some of the other Catch-N Tackle Staff with FREE samples.
Colors are:
Cppper, Orange, Chartreuse, Light Olive, Dark Olive, Dark Grey, Black, Chocolate Brown.
Fox has been using these for Smallmouth & Walleye in Arkansas on his local rivers with great success. The Mud Bug Craw Jig is the first attempt in his making a weighted jig for spin-casting. A cross between a jig and a fly, this lure is unique and absolutely stunning in craftmanship. They are hand tied... made by Fox. Costs will be relatively high, but... lower in cost with comparison to his other flys, which are world known for being are the first anatomically correct minnow patterns (you can access and see Fox's fly work by typing his name on your browser). He has been hounded over the years to produce a spincast version of his flys... which is what Catch-N Tackle will help to accomplish.

Dan I am sending you a photo with colors. You let me know which colors turn you on!

The construction is such that the hook eye is held up by a small guard that aids in keeping the jig hook eye from snagging in the cracks of rocks. Huge gold, silver, or black pearl plated ball "eyes" reflect sun light 360 degrees.... pinchers, feelers, and rubber legs complete the program making this a KILLER looking hair jig.

Rick, I also have a set of samples for you!
Thanks for the suggestion on a C-N T tackle pack...cool idea! I will do that next time I re-do the "Special".
I called Richard Smith and we figure to have a Mealworm Shiner assortment as the Special this time. It will have full sized and Ice Bits Mealworm Shiner in it. We figure it will allow a end-user to sample both sizes.
smile.gif
FUN
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 12-28-2003).]

I just checked out the Mud Bugs at the http://www.catchn.com/ iste and they look pretty cool.
I can see where they would come in handy when finessing eyes and bass.As well as in the smaller sizes doing a number on some panfish.To tell you the truth one of my favorite panfish ice fly's is the good old ant.I bet the smaller Mud Bugs would be great under the ice too.
Can't wait to get a sample!

Dan, here are the colors as see in in the above photo:
Chocolate Brown, Dark Grey
Dark Olive, Chartreuse
Medium Olive, Black
Copper, Orange

All these colors.... so many lakes & rivers.... so little time!

These are "collectors items" for sure.
But also a very fish catching profile and design. They land hook-up when casted, everytime... and have super sharp Mustad forged hooks.

Dan, I'll send you one of each color smile.gif
These samples are in 1/4 oz.

FM family... It is so exciting to see new lures like these enter the market. These Fox Statler / Mud Bug Craw Jigs will be in the Catch-N Tackle store sometime in the near future. I consider them to be very, very "high end"... and of the upmost in quality.
Right now, I do not have very many in inventory and orders placed for these might take a several of weeks for delivery. You can see these on my "Specials" page...
http://catch-n.com/rigging.html
Please email me if you are interested in purchasing these for your own "testing" smile.gif.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard
[email protected]

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

[This message has been edited by Catch'n (edited 12-29-2003).]

Dan, I am trying to remember if I sent you the Mud Craw Jig samples... if not I will give them to you this Sat. at Mille Lacs!
I have them on the site now and have the new "SPECIAL" up and running. Fox's A/C Minnow (Shiner) worked well for me on Winnie.... I am just shaking to field-test the Mud Craw.
f9e51170.jpg
This is a unique jig... stands up, has a guard to hold the hook eye up and away from rock cracks, "rolls" on the ball shaped eyes, and is a ringer for a Craw. I look forward to your testing it.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family

Wow, those things look cool! I'd like to set one on my girlfriends arm, it'll probably scare the dump out of her! Is it supposed to simulate one of those giant bug/spider looking things that come out of your ice holes? If so, do fish actually eat them things?........Edited...I stand corrected, I see the claws. Do you know what I mean about those bugs that look like that though.

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-19-2004).]

Awesome! Those jigs are going to be great for smallies up on LOW this summer! The way the jig is set up with the style of jig head and placement is ideal for bouncing along rocks, sand, mud, just about anything, and its sits in a perfectly natural position. I really like the craftsmanship on these jigs, each and everyone is fine tuned to near perfection.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Can it be luck,
Yep I am hep on the ice "bugs" you mentioned.
I have seen some strange things come out the ice hole!
Would you like to try a couple of these out for me and let me know on your results... (no, I am not asking you to scare your girl friend with them)?
Shoot me an email wiht your user name, real name and address... [email protected]
I would appreciate your report on them. As of now the only person who I know has used them is Fox Statler, who says they are a bass catching machine.
They definately look great!
Catch-n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
Used by FishingMN Family