• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye

Gentlemen,

Some friends and I will be in the Detroit Lakes area from the 24th through the 30th. I was wondering how the fish were biting. Are they spawning yet? Any information or tips you could give would be greatly appreciated. We are thinking about trolling mostly, but we are open to try anything that will be productive. Thanks. Good luck to all!

My brother and I fished Lida yesterday. It's about 15 miles from Detroit Lakes. We caught 19 walleyes, half dozen northerns, and two smallmouth. They were hitting shiners on lindy rigs in 22 feet of water. Most were small, but you have a chance at a big walleye in that lake. It does have a slot that you would need to be aware of.

Try Otter Tail lake 1 day, it's 30 minutes southeast of DL. It's the best walleye lake in the area. My other suggestion is after you pick the lake to fish is to get a guide for the 1st day. It'll be worth every penny. Just my 2 cents.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the suggestions. It is much appreciated. Hopefully, we will have a successful trip. If interested, I will let you know how it all goes. Thanks again. smile