• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MUSKIE...................It just feels good

Didn't have much left on the "Honey do list" so me and the young boy loaded all the muskie gear up into the boat and put in on the lake in town. Just wanted to try out all the new lures, line, rods, etc. that I managed to procur over the winter. I like fishing crappies and some eyes, but Muskie rod, reels, lures just feel sooooo good.

Couple highpoints. Loaded my 7000 up with Bronzeback. Great line! Like it even better than the TUF line. Not enough O's in smoooooth!! laugh

Really like the action and looks of the 10" Lifelike Perch by Dunwright. Swims incredible and twitching it creates some really eratic action. Definately think this one is going to put some fish in the boat this summer.

SUPER D's.......Tacklebooty did this one right!!! Will never hook a Dawg on again.

Custom made DC-10's look great.

Didn't have much time for all the new lures, but will get out again this week and play some more. Just can't wait for the 7th! And before anyone asks, the lake I was on doesn't have Muskies in it, so I wasn't testing lures with the possibility of hooking up. Fact is, I don't know if the lake I was on has ANY fish in it!!! crazy

I am using 80# Bronzeback. I bought it from Musky Tackle Online from Aaron. I know that he was having trouble getting it for some reason. Don't know if he still has some in stock or not, but I would check it out, otherwise, like Jonesi said, talk to the boys at Thorne Bros.

Brett - do they sell the Super D's at Musky Tackle Online? What is better about them than dawgs - heavier duty rubber, better hooks, better action? I know the price is better:)

I like the SuperD's because they pull much easier, and I believe the overall action is better. Not saying that Bulldawgs are bad baits by any means, just that I prefer the look and feel of the SuperD's. The internal harness is much better as well and will hold up better than the dawgs.

I do believe that Aaron at MTO does carry the SuperD's.

Propster... Aaron doesnt specifically carry them in stock... but if you want them, shoot him an email... and he'll order them for you... the turnaround time is fairly quick...

The overall build is better... there was a youtube video somewhere where the owner of the company that makes SuperD's compared his SuperD's to Bulldawg... he ABUSED both to the max... way more abuse than what a muskie could dish out... and the SuperD stood up fairly well... while the Bulldawg didnt...

I, too, am not saying Bulldawgs are bad baits... they work... but I know many of us would love lures that last long as possible...

do a search on youtube "SuperD vs Bulldawg" and you will find the video...pretty interesting but I wouldnt do that to my lures. Just a comparison which one holds out longer at that kind of abusing but who knows what happens when a toothy critter hits it.