• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Organizing sled

Baydog

First time poster from N.E.Michigan wanting to say howdy and tell you this is a great site with lots of info.
Been lurking for about a year and getting lots of tips and taking advantage of all the field research and inventions you guys are doing.
Rock n reel, tech light, pond bag, butt bridge,ice grippers,to name a few of the items I've found as a welcome addition to my arsenal just within the last year that I learned of or purchased from this site.

Now for the question while I'm waiting for the bay to stiffin up a little more.... what kind of ideas would you all be willing to share about snugging up all the "other stuff" in the sled of my otter.
propane tank, minnow bucket(spilled water)flasher etc. I've already got the auger and spud taken care of but the rest of these items need to stay put in the tub while heading out across the pond (Lake Huron)and I'm sure based on past experience there are some good ideas you all have come up with. Thanks in advance.
Baydog.

I'll help with the minnow bucket part. I went to Target and bought a 2 quart pitcher (for orange juice). It has a water tight lid so when it gets tipped over in the it won't spill. It also has a pour spout so when you want to change water just start dumping and leave the minnows inside and last, it fits right down an 8" hole to fill it back up with fresh water. And to top it off, it's cheaper than a minnow bucket.

Hey, welcome Baydog! I've found nothing beats the old custom made roadcase. A little heavy but everything in one place snug and secure. Just a plywood box with a lid, and as you place stuff in it, add a wood divider with some packing foam. Pretty soon you have a well organized case with everything you need. I use mine for boat/car camping as well. Lantern, gas, tackle, icerods, towels, utensils, spare mitts and hats, and of course TP!

chunk

Croxston bag or retrofitted arrow case for rods, milk crate for 20# propane tank keeps from tipping, hard sided minnow bucket in 5 gal. pail or as stated above a water jug with spicket and tight lid, tackle fits in Croxston or arrow case, lantern in case in 5 gal pail with towel to keep from banging around. Hope that helps.