• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

One was shot a couple of years ago near Clarkfield. I got to see the pictures and it was a cool looking bird. Never saw one myself but I did see an albino partridge years ago. Consider yourself lucky prechlerker you saw what most never will. grin

I know of a property in Iowa where the gene has been passed on several times. Always exciting. I have seen several who have blochy white patches, but never a true all white and pink albino. Neet find if you can get one.

Wish I could say I have had this problem. But yes, I would vote for tail feather.

But I am sure I can find the guys who will tell me that their dog is sooooooooo good it only points/flushes roosters! hehehehehe that cracks me up every time!

not sure if what i saw was a rooster but the other guys with me unloaded there guns on this bird. All i coould do was drop and hit the ground, It flushed i front of me ten feet. Ten minutes later a almost stepped on the nicest perfect ten pointer iv'e sen in real life

Might be a dumb question, but if one was to see an albino pheasant while hunting, how do you know if it's a rooster and can shoot it? Tail feather size?

I would say either long tail feathers, the red patch on the head, or best of all, it cackles when it gets up.

runhotshot, I didn't know that they could breed albino pheasants? Must be some new pheasant raising technology to appeal to the rich and famous.

My dad shot one years ago in Iowa, it wasn't completly albino but it has large white patches, it cackled when it got up. He also shot a bird that apparently never matured into a male or female, it had some red in it, but mostly was brown, long tail feathers though, and it cackled so once again, bang. He took it into the DNR and had them look at it, it was mounted and is somewhere in a box in the basement.