• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling motor wish list

I think the Minn Kota auto pilot is a great feature. Here are a couple of other features I'd like to see them come up with:

- auto speed sensor: increase the power to the prop based on wind speed.

- Depth tracking. Steers motor based on sonar echo to follow break lines. I know it has been done by others.

- GPS programmability. Program a track and it would follow it based on GPS readings. (easy one to do)

Any other ideas for them? I think they are listening.

And yes, I would be available to test the new features on my boat wink

Suggestion to Minnkota regarding their cable drawn t-motors: please redesign your foot pedal, and put the move the button to the right side!

Deffinatly being able to program in a GPS track, thats all I really want, especially if it has infinite speed control, then a speed sensor would not be needed, Depth Tracking would also be nice.

One thing I am waiting to see is a 2 trolling motor set up, Bow mount and Transom mount, that would work together to control the boat. Like when autopilot is on, but the wind blows the back end of the boat around. Having a transom mounted motor than also runs on an autopilot system, keeping the boat straight.

Co-pilot is a great feature for guys with clumsy feet like me as well.

I agree with the GPS auto tracking is this next best thing. It would be very sweet to draw a trail using your computer on the lake map and input that baby into your gps and press play and your trolling motor would run along that trail at your desired speed. When is this technology going to be available? You could concentrate on your presentation more than your boat control. VEry nice.

I agree with the GPS auto tracking is this next best thing. It would be very sweet to draw a trail using your computer on the lake map and input that baby into your gps and press play and your trolling motor would run along that trail at your desired speed. When is this technology going to be available? You could concentrate on your presentation more than your boat control. VEry nice.

Yup, I think we got them talking in the boardroom on this one,

Just remember when you see it at the Sportshow, you heard it here first!