• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I saw the light!

frozen toes

Today I took the plunge and bought an Otter Lodge. Wow, now I truly see what all the hype was about. I brought it home around 10:30, assembled it, and was fishing by 12:30. I still cannot get over all the room inside!! I can set all my gear in there and still have a square dance party. I was going to go buy the Eskimo, but the store was sold out. I told the guy half heartedly that now I am going to have to buy an Otter. Went to the next store and there she sat, front row of the ice fishing section. After going back and forth between the Otter and the two man Trap, I kept going back to the green machine. I asked the guy to get me a total before I went up front, so I could make sure I had enough. Indeed I did, and even had enough for a burger and a drink,LOL. Now all I need is a seat system. I think I am going to go with the bench seat. Good thing X-mas was pretty good to me. All I know is it was definitely money well spent, they are strong built units.

Yup them Otters is tough.
I am sure my Otter will ast a good long time and I am tough on equipment.
I went lake hoping today and had to run through some tough terain to get from lake to lake.I was really impressed how well that thick sled took the abuse.I got here hung up on a big log sticking out of the ice that actually stopped my sno machine.I looked back expecting to see the hitch half pulled away from the sled but no damage whatsoever.
I have the bench seat and like it.Its kind of like having the couch along when fishing.THeres two places you can find me, riding the couch and fishing.Now I really feel right at home out on the ice! smile.gif
You can access everything under the bench seat by either reaching behind it or under it.I leave the minnow bucket right up front under the seat so I can bait up easily.
I was originally going to make a auger mount on the bars that hold the bench but have found that when you place the auger undr the bench and twoards the back then put the travel cover over the whole works it traps that auger down and it can't move one way or the other.Even when getting bouncing through rough terrain and getting hung up on logs! smile.gif

I was sick of using folding chairs and bought the bench seat this year($120) and love it----it's comfortable and flips out of the way when you load and unload. The butt-bridge looks like a good option if you want to save some cash.

jeff

so many lakes..........so little time